The rise and fall of Hatey Katie Hopkins

As it says in the article “stage managed madness”. Also left the Mailonline today I believe. She will be sorely missed…not.

I found this quite interesting. I’d heard the name but before seeing the news item today I didn’t have a clue who she was or what she did.

Nasty piece of work.

Sadly this article was written in June 2017 and only last week she was invited to talk about her latest bile-filled book at a literary event in Lewes, Sussex. The organisers claimed it was an opportunity to challenge her views but of course there were many protests before the event and at the meeting. She was eventually removed through a back door before speaking but used the protest to express her unpleasantness against the protesters (unwashed, scum etc) in the media. Lewes is famous for two reasons: the Bonfire processions of their seven societies in the town and as the birthplace of Tom Paine whose book ‘The Rights of Man’ helped to spark the American Revolution. She was too late to be placed on a bonfire and wouldn’t understand the book…

2 Likes

Roger Hudson writes: “Lewes is famous for two reasons: the Bonfire processions of their seven societies in the town and as the birthplace of Tom Paine whose book ‘The Rights of Man’ helped to spark the American Revolution. She was too late to be placed on a bonfire and wouldn’t understand the book…
liked this.”

Great up-date on Hatey Katey’s Icarus-like career. I predict that her ‘downfall’ will continue to be self-inflicted and irreversible. She has so much of her feelings invested in other-hate that it occurs to me, as a mental health professional, that she will eventually go into a profound depressive spiral. I don’t wish this on her, but an understanding of the role of depressive breakdown, as a way out of repressed self-hatred projected enthusiastically and recklessly on to others, makes it seem to me inevitable.