The TCP scanner in Macon hacked

I received an e-mail yesterday evening giving me an appointment for next year for a radioactive scan.
As I have just had a scan last week, I thought can’t they give me a little time to myself without having to think about the next one.
However, I received another two this morning and it seems as though they have been hacked.
I am not sure if it is just the Scanner or if this will apply to the Centre Hospitalier in Macon.
I telephoned to let them know and they said that they knew and that their staff we were working on it. No thank you for contacting us and we are sorry that this has happened.
One would have thought that with all the private data they keep there, they would have up to date virus protection, but it seems not.

This is just a warning, if you get something strange regarding hospital appointments, take care.

By the way this subject is nothing like ‘Emmanuel Macron’s campaign hacked on eve of French election’.Your predictive whatever it is, is way off beam.

Might not have been anything to do with the centre in Macon - it’s *very* easy to forge addresses in email.

Was there a link to confirm the rendez-vous in the email?

I telephoned them and they said that they knew.
I had three separate-mails, all the same with strange addresses to contact.

Nice to get confirmation that your suspicions that it was a scam were on the mark.

But “they knew” does not (necessarily) imply they were hacked.

Which will have been the route to getting “useful” details out of you.

As I said - well done for having the right 6th sense on this one.

Norton was sounding all its whistles and bells and we have looked on the internet and there is plenty of info on how the French health system is regularly hacked.

Ouch, yes - just had a quick look. Very worrying.

I don’t know just how mush of my data they have, but I am inclined to think that if they were trying to get me to connect to another site, thinking that it was all above board, they were trying to get me to give them my data through that.
Perhaps they have just hacked the appointments system?

I have just had another e-mail from the TEP, not TCP, as I thought saying:
Salutation! Je vous ai envoyé des détails supplémentaires concernant le contrat récent et la liste de paiements. Pour résoudre ce problème, veuillez étudier le guidage via le lien suivant:

1)beta.logicmojo.com/istequia/commodivoluptatibus-152335664

2)social.mrtundeblog.com/expeditadolores/utpossimus-152335664

Madame,

Ci-joint votre nouvelle convocation pour votre TEP SCAN prévu à Mâcon le jeudi 29 Avril à 8h30.

Bien cordialement.

They are obviously after peoples’ card details.

I have heard nothing from the TEP scan warning me that this is going on, although they do know.
Not exactly helpful.

A warning would have been good if they knew patient details had been hacked :thinking:

Exactly what we have been saying, but absolutely nothing.
As I said before, when I rang them to say that they had a problem with their computing, there wasn’t even a thank you for taking the trouble to ring us.

You could try dropping the name CNIL and mentioning RGPD to them… :wink: That should cause them to respond.

RGPD is already on our horizon.
Thank you.

1 Like

We will be referring this to them as they haven’t bothered to automatically say that they have received my e-mail.