The week i n Labour land

So, what are the opposition proposing? Alternatives in France and UK?

What are your thoughts on what the opposition are proposing? If you don’t know perhaps find out and then pass comment.

1 Like

Why do’t you just tell us, would be more simple or don’t you or anyone else know/

I have found this on Labour Party website:

Tory cost of living crisis

Under the Conservatives:

• Working families’ pay is falling by ÂŁ1,300.
  • The cost of living has become a national crisis and working people are paying the price.
  • Everyone is feeling the hit from higher taxes and rising energy, food and fuel prices.
  • 15 Tory Tax rises have led to the highest tax burden in 70 years.
  • Local people are working hard, paying more and getting less.

Labour’s plan to take real action now to tackle the Conservatives’ cost of living crisis:

• Cut VAT on home energy bills.
  • Save on energy bills now and in the longer term by insulating millions of homes.
  • Cut small business rates and support businesses through the cost of living storm.
  • Buy, make and sell more in Britain to create well-paid, secure jobs in every community.

I knew there was an announcement last week but I did not know the content.

1 Like

More details:

1 Like

I agree with the content but the title is wrong. Sir Keir refers to Britain’s cost of living crisis - this is more accurate. It is not the Tory cost of living crisis it is just that their response (or lack of it) is rubbish.

I find the lack of preparedness of the last 5-10 years is frustrating

1 Like

I wasn’t aware of an Opposition being active in the HoC, just a load of weirdos who can’t agree on what a woman might be.

1 Like

To be fair that is quite a tricky question, even a minefield - and by publishing a view you end up offending people - and for what purpose?

The opposition is in a very strong position in the polls so presumably dont wish to damage that.

I do not think however the opposition can be blamed for UK govt problems.

On the contrary, HMO are utterly responsible for holding HMG to account, something which they have utterly failed to do.

When an 80 seat majority is in place?

Remember so many votes were forced through by govt on 3 line whips - no opposition can impact on these votes only change public opinion.

They could try being less ****.

1 Like