These are the 313 MPs who voted that ‘animals can’t feel pain or emotion’

https://www.indy100.com/article/animal-rights-vote-mps-list-eu-brexit-voted-animals-not-feel-no-emotions-313-conservative-party-tory-8068691

I’m not sure that Politicians can feel pain and emotion… so no wonder so many voted as they did…:sob:

10 Likes

I read that the 2006.Animal.Welfare Act protects the rights of animals over and beyond this European one but I admit to not having checked this.

MP’s everywhere are so out of touch with reality. They just pursue their own personal goal of power.

1 Like

We are animal’s are we not?

2 Likes

Put some of them up for testing medicines and cosmetics, and the others for being hunted. Give them a week or two and let the survivors have a re-vote!

2 Likes

Hi John,
not sure whether they’re out of touch or in touch but just don’t give a toss. As you say, ‘they just pursue their own personal goal of power’ but I would be less charitable, more ’ fat snouts in the trough’.

2 Likes

It really makes no sense. They pass laws against cruelty to animals yet if they have no emotions or pain why bother? When their dogs are injured do they not take them to the vet? I don’t know the bill in detail and would really want to see how far their “rights” go but no-one can honestly believe that animals don’t feel pain, have emotions or react to easch other!

1 Like

I happened to pass by… when the farmer was letting the new calves and their “mums” out after spending the winter indoors… watching those animals literally leap for joy… almost touching head with the back feet… (has to be seen to be believed)… there is no way those animals were not feeling emotion… sheer joy… :heart_eyes:

They were happy animals and when their time came… they tasted delicious… :blush:

1 Like

At the end of the day, regardless of whether animals can feel pain, have emotions, we still kill them and eat them. 4,000 dead horses had to be buried after Waterloo, I wonder if they felt any pain or emotion while being blown to bits by cannon and musket fire.

There is no doubt that mammalian species can feel pain. The lower the “class” of mammal, the less “emotion” , but even rats and mice can be afraid .
Just goes to show the lack of intelligence MPs have

4 Likes

I’d love to see the evidence that you have showing that rodents are considered to be ‘lower’ than other mammals. I think you might be surprised at how intelligent they have proven to be. I did my research in the science department of York University and my observations were fascinating.

1 Like

I’m not saying that rodents are not intelligent, just that they are less emotive than, for example, monkeys, dolphins

Of course Ray, it’s just me trying to be softer spoken in this modern daft world where people can’t actually handle the truth.

1 Like

More fake news I’m afraid. As one reply already mentioned the UK already has legislation affirming that animals are sentient. Further, after Brexit, it intends to add further protections for animals. This EU law was actually initiated by the UK to boot. The government simply does not want the EU withdrawal bill bogged down by irrelevant amendments.

1 Like

I never thought I would see the day when I thought this man was talking sense, but…

Only pets are included

We are apparently doing away with all these nasty EU laws, laws that stifle the British economy, and we are going to make all our own laws in future. Apparently its totally irrelevant that Brits were the driving force behind quite a few of these laws produced by various departments within the EU, and quite a few of these laws would have been UK laws anyway.
Is the UK the only country in the world, where you can be justice minister on a Monday, housing minister on a Tuesday, minister of the environment on a Wednesday, minister of regional development on a Thursday, health minister on a Friday, chancellor on Saturday and finally become PM on a Sunday. All of it without any experience in any of it whatsoever.

A BBC story today has Michael Gove saying this is ‘Fake News’ - social media got hold of the wrong end of the stick, so to speak !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42108236

Snap!