Things to do: September 2018

Beauties … Vintage and Golden Oldies … lots of interesting things…

Anyone else got any ideas ??? :grin::grin::grin:

https://www.ouest-france.fr/bretagne/redon-35600/bretagne-cinq-bonnes-raisons-d-aller-au-rallycross-de-loheac-5941020

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Lots going on in glamorous Normandy… :revolving_hearts::kiss::sparkling_heart::grin:

http://www.normandie-tourisme.fr/agenda/c-est-maintenant-497-1.html

2 Likes

excellent I’ll be there from tomorrow afternoon :+1:

1 Like

Don’t forget the journées de patrimoine are in September…

4 Likes

I’m sure you will have a great time, David, it’s a fine region, diverse, welcoming and buzzing with things to suit all tastes IMO. :grinning:

1 Like

Sounds great Peter and to top it all the weather for the next few days looks to be sunny and warm.

We are excited :slight_smile:

There is so much to see and do through out France… no time to stay home and do the housework… yippee… :relaxed::grin::grin:

That’s very nice to know, David. BTW, your on-line monniker piqued my interest so I’ve looked briefly into the remarkable gentleman’s biography, and would be further interested in knowing your relationship with Wellington, even if its just that you admire him, or bear a resemblance. A very long time ago a girl said I had the Duke’s nose. We were both 18, so it possibly says something about our, age, and perhaps our schooling, but I clearly remember the occasion. I didn’t know whether it was a compliment or a put-down, and I never asked! :hushed: It might have changed the course of history for us both if I asked her - c’est la vie !

Where will you be settling eventually, if you don’t mind my asking? (you don’t have to say, of course) :thinking::pensive:

No idea Peter, we are likely going to look at a few houses in different areas over the next few months. Not certain whether we buy or rent at this time. Wellington is almost a metaphor for bookend foreign policy where the UK looks to balance European politics by supporting those weaker than the dominant players. No relation and I’m certain your nose is noble :+1::grinning: we look at our first house tomorrow. This Normandy cider is brutal :face_with_thermometer::grin:

Welp, there’s a heck of a lot of cool stuff happening in September with regard to ceramics, ranging from contemporary work, to the long history of ceramic art in France and Europe.

https://www.sevresciteceramique.fr/

For example: starting September 6 in Paris;
À partir du 6 septembre jusqu’au 27 octobre 2018, Sèvres expose dans sa galerie de Paris , les créations de la designer française matali crasset, réalisées à la Manufacture en 2018.

And here’s another example:
15 - 16 septembre 2018: Sèvres, Manufacture et Musées nationaux participe aux Journées Européennes du Patrimoine , les samedi 15 et dimanche 16 septembre 2018.
Pour cette nouvelle édition, le thème à l’honneur sera “L’Art du partage”.
Visiting cost to go to the Musee de Sevres for this, is free.

And another that sounds very interesting that opens September 26:
“Forces de la nature” à Sèvres, exposition du 26 septembre 2018 au 1er avril 2019, Musée national de céramique à Sèvres
In English, it’s described as:
“Some works have been created especially for the exhibition and installations, large formats invest the temporary exhibition spaces of the Museum, thus covering more than 1500 square meters of presentation.
The close link between these artists who know and appreciate each other resides in the power of their abstract plastic expression, which evokes the forces of growth and metamorphosis of nature. They graduated from the School of Applied Arts in Bergen in 1977/78. In a decade of educational upheaval and internationalization of artistic influences in Norway, Dyrdal, Kvasbø and Tingleff have been closely linked to student activism and changes in the school. Although they maintained a relationship of respect and friendship throughout their success, they had never been exposed together abroad. The Forces de la nature exhibition is organized in partnership with Norwegian Crafts, the KODE Art Museums and Composer Homes, the Sørlandet Kunstmuseum, Kristiansand (SKMU), with the support of the Norwegian Embassy in France.”

1 Like

So many things to do… so little time…

This link covers 5 Departments:

https://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/dossiers/les-sorties-du-week-end-a-la-carte

Personally, I’m off to Perigueux this morning… like a kid at Christmas… I’ll be trying out all the fairground stuff… :relaxed::grin:

1 Like

But you might be tied to the kitchen dealing with all the fruit coming from the orchard.

Jane… I found a box of tiny white grapes on the wall this morning… no idea from whence they have come… and now trying to figure what to do with them.

Can you make jam/jelly with these, do you think… (too many to eat and they are a little tart) Help, please…