Think first, write later

Ah Terry that is so true. Everything now is broadcast in a split second. At least if you are in a face to face conversation you can tell that something's been perceived the wrong way by facial expressions etc and it can be rectified immediately. With the written word it's so difficult as there's no intonation, no accompanying grin, nothing. I've fallen foul of this in the past.

For example, I could simply comment: "You cannot be serious!!". Immediate thought? I can't believe you wrote a piece like that? I completely disagree with your opinions? My feathers have become ruffled and I'm about to have an apoplectic fit? No, in my head I'm imaging John McEnroe and laughing but how could you know that? Things can appear very blunt in black and white without the visual to back it up. So sometimes re-read a statement from an 'outsider's' point of view - it will only take a second or two.

Wise words, Terry, and I love the picture.

Brilliant Terry. I love it. I wish we could just have a bit more of that precious reflection time back, before we say something stupid.

I suppose it's in us all to create that time and as you say - THINK.