This is an example of the inside of my brain...probably the right hand side!

Whatever you do, you will never be able to please everyone all of the time so don't bother, Look after those that count and above all else, please yourself!

Just because you love someone, it doesn't mean they will love you back.

If you love someone you should let them know, Even if they don't feel the same way, you will never ask yourself 'what if?'

People will always hurt you, hopefully unintentionally but sometimes intentionally Learn to remove these people from your life and it won't happen as much!!

However shitty your day is, someone somewhere is in a far worse situation and not necessarily that far away from you. Everyone really is fighting some kind of battle even if it's just with themselves.

There are two mistakes that one can make along the road to truth....Not going all the way and not starting – The Buddha

You will experience a large amount of negative 'stuff' in your life...learn how to sift through and find the important lessons.

Ever get that headbutting a brick wall feeling? Chances are you are trying to force something that will never happen, Do yourself (and your head a favour) and drop it. Try another idea instead.

Look at problems from a different perspective – allow your mind to drift and the answers often come along all by themselves.

Do not underestimate yourself by comparing yourself with others. It's our differences that make us unique and beautiful.

Love yourself first, otherwise how can you expect anyone to love you??

Don't stay with someone through fear of being alone. Learn to appreciate the freedom of living alone instead.

Don't jump from one relationship to another. Give yourself a break so that you know who you are and what you really want.

There are many paths up the mountain, but the view of the moon from the top is the same - Japanese Proverb

If something seems to be too good to be true, check it out thoroughly and be cautious. If it really is that good, be thankful and embrace it :)

You can't get time back however fast you run. If you need to get something done, trust that there will be enough time to do it. If you can't find time for it, then its not that important.

People and animals leave us. We cannot stop it from happening, only delay the inevitable...don't worry about it, just live each moment with them to the full and be happy and thankful for the time that you have together.

Memories are precious and painful at the same time.

You can be happy and sad at the same time.

You do not have to explain yourself to others unless you want to (well unless you're in court obviously!!). Honour your feelings; let yourself feel.

Listen to people when they give you advice but always follow your own gut instinct even if you get it wrong. Other people cannot live your life for you – you have to make your own mistakes.

Don't believe everything you see, read, or hear from others, whether of authority, religious teachers or texts... Find out for yourself what is truth, what is real, and you will discover that there are virtuous things and non-virtuous things. Once you discover that for yourself, give up the bad and embrace the good - The Buddha

People will treat you the way you let them. Therefore make sure they treat you well.

The act of forgiveness takes place in your own mind. It really has nothing to do with the other person - Louise Hay

If you stand for a reason, be prepared to stand alone like a tree, and if you fall on the ground, fall like a seed that grows back to fight again.

A lot of the pain that we are dealing with is really only thoughts...

Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, thoughts and emotions – Will Smith

Making bad decisions is a part of life. Blaming others for your bad decisions is immature.

I am responsible for what I say, I am not responsible for what you understand.

The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off! - Gloria Steinem

My wish for you today and everyday is peace, no matter what is going on around you – Namaste <3

1 Like

Thank you Damaris I need more practice in sifting thru the negative stuff thrown around regularly by others as it rubs off sometimes on me unfortunately !

1 Like

Here's my own distortion of a popular quote about the learning process: 'There's no such thing as a stupid question, but some people choose to remain stupid rather than ask the question'

1 Like

Although I am a Quaker, if I had removed my mother in law totally from my life, I would still probably be locked up now.

I did my best, but sometimes people are determined to cause trouble and pain, it is their way of feeling important.

1 Like

I have no actual beliefs but have learned from similar things, including Gloria Steinem. Buddhism and Quakerism have been very positive influences on me though. I have found that one does not need to believe in an omnipotence such as a deity to take what is within those religious doctrines. Almost anything that teaches me peace and tolerance impresses me. Steinem promoted the principle of equality of women and men, helping to end many long-standing sex discriminatory laws in the USA and exert influence further afield such as ending those that gave men superior rights in marriage and denied women equal economic opportunities. There are other people of course, Gandhi, Eglantyne Jebb, Janusz Korczak and many others I could list or quote as you have done.

I have the headbutting a brick wall feeling every day.

1 Like

Thank-you for sharing those gems, Damaris. I hope that they 'speak' to others, too. Blessings ♥

1 Like

An old post that I had forgotten about but reading through the quotes, they still apply. :pray:

2 Likes