This is sick

I have just received an email purporting to come from the ‘Minitere de la protection de la famille’ (note the spelling ).
It claims that there is a complaint against me involving a minor, accompanied with the inevitable request to open a link to find out what the actual complaint is. It is a pretty crudely put together effort. I very much doubt that the minister of the interior would sign it off with the word ‘cordialement’!
I am used to the myriad ‘service client’, ‘your bank card is about to be cancelled’ etc scams that are out there but this one really does emanate from the sewage of humanity. I just hope no-one falls for it.

We get a lot of these - supposedly about court tribunals for paedophilia, other child abuse, sexual assault and the like. All supposed to scare you sufficiently witless to open the link!

There are some really horrible spam emails out there in the ether…

My late wife’s email address gets loads of those :roll_eyes: More action should be taken against service providers, regardless of country, that host these bastards.

1 Like

simply bin it.

Sorry to hear you are finding stuff comes through - I’m sure you could do without it. I find these days that Orange blocks virtually everything - including stuff I need to see (like just now, our online tax return I need to sign!). I’m more likely to have to go hunting for something than be worrying about a load of junk mail these days.

1 Like