This is where the Corona Virus came from

Lets throw a different angle into this. A virus was developed by a warmongering laboratory, to specifically attack the respiratory system. It got out either on purpose or mistake, and the effect was devastating. But if it originated in 1 country, how come it developed in such a rapid rate in EU countries almost simultaneously. Was it by chance or was it planted. !!

Absolutely agree with this.

2 Likes

“Although the evidence shows that SARS-CoV-2 is not a purposefully manipulated virus, it is currently impossible to prove or disprove the other theories of its origin described here.” (https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9#Sec4)

Complicated, and very technical publication; you’ve quoted a sentence out of context, but having read it, seems would appear to support my comments…
China’s wet markets have put the health of the whole world at risk; china’s so-called human rights record is appalling - and if there is any good to come from this then international authorities have got to step up. Companies need to re-think their use of china - and we need to stop buying ‘stuff’ from china.
The animals being slaughtered for the chinese mumbo-jumbo ‘medicinal’ purposes, being hunted to the edge of extinction, might be glad of a ban as well.
The whole world needs to do some in-depth analysis of their reliance on china - and we need to do the same.

2 Likes

“you’ve quoted a sentence out of context,” That is why I provided the link. “it is currently impossible to prove or disprove the other theories of its origin described here.””

The article repeatedly makes the point that synthetic origin is improbable given that the AA sequences of the RBD and polybasic cleavage site do not match/correspond to what would have been predicted using modelling (and therefore genetic manipulation - however, that might depend on the tools used for modelling and prediction), and much more probable is one or another form of zoonotic transfer, whether it be from animal to human, or human-to-human.

1 Like

Or perhaps planet Earth has had enough of us at long last. Covid-19 has a long way to run yet.

Dread to think about the future regard that the UK will have for China if Prince Charles passes Covid-19 on to his mum and dad… Two state funerals and no trade deal eh?

2 Likes

Yes but think of all the merchandising opportunities - commemorative mugs for starters. With ‘made in China’ stamped underneath in VERY small letters…

2 Likes

Good article in the Guardian. Can we now stop calling it the Chinese virus!

2 Likes

[quote=“Marijkeh, post:33, topic:29351”]
Can we now stop calling it the Chinese virus!
[/quote
Hear Hear!!!

1 Like

So… American Swine flu. British mad cow disease.

-Amanda - sure, not a problem. You’re probably aware of German measles, Ebola, Lymne disease etc etc - check out this list -

Stomatitis is more likely…him being a lizard & all

I don’t consider myself particularly woke. In the present climate, I just don’t see in what way it’s helpful to insist on calling it a Chinese virus, unless you’re Trump. What’s your point? How does this help… anything?

6 Likes

And Spanish flu (not).

1 Like

I have never heard anyone refer to British Mad Cow disease or American Swine Flu

1 Like

Quite!

I’m not familiar with swine flu but you you bet your boots it was British mad cow disease and by “quickly” recognising and isolating the source who knows how may lives were saved. As I have written, this is not a blame game it is about identifying and containing the source. if the source country gets upset about that, then sod them. This isn’t a game of any description.

Maybe not the latter Mary, but certainly the former is the norm.