Thunberg Mark II (Gobbledygook free zone please)

I know and especially if it’s mixed with antifreeze and de-icer…:cry:

Appalling, condescending, matronising old witch. Not a rational argument to be heard in a great pile of sentimental bollocks and non-sequiturs.

3 Likes

I thought the same …but I can see how it could be a 1.5 trillion dollar industry…

Imagine what a few of us coming together even in a smallish online community like SF could do with 1.5 trillion dollars…:slightly_smiling_face:

@Helen6 proposes a share out as follows:

“Imagine what a few of us coming together even in a smallish online community like SF could do with 1.5 trillion dollars…:slightly_smiling_face”

I think any share out should be based on the number of words posted by regular contributors i.e. a direct quid per quo.

I see no merit in doling out funds to silent members who never put thumb to keypad and just enjoy the fruits of our own strivings at no cost to themselves.

All agreed? Top contributors can elect a treasurer to get to work asap in calculating my share, and that of a few eligible others naturally…:hugs::stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I just think we are the same as any other species on this planet in that it is in our DNA to exploit opportunities for self gain/ benefit. I think our superior intelligence has allowed us to invent technologies/ processes that improve our lives but that are crippling the planet and I dont think well stop until it is too late, seeing is believing. Regards fishing: I still fish on the NW coast of Scotland and commute from my home in France, a journey that involves a flight…

@grant1 “I still fish on the NW coast of Scotland and commute from my home in France, a journey that involves a flight…”

Living life to the full, Grant. Got to admire that.:hugs:

It is all humbug. When she has earned enough, she will disappear into the swedish forests and oblivion. Extiction Rebellion is no better. Just a bunch of gobshites who when they are finished disrupting hard working folks lives with their crap, go back to their centrally heated homes in their chelsea tractors and massey fergusons and carry on with their lives until the next cranial orgasm. Reminds me of the Green party in Germany when they started, now they ride around in 600 series Mercs. Rant over

So you think she’s just pretending to be an environmental activist for personal gain?

How have they disrupted your life? What do you do?

Those are the ones that Mercedes stopped making in about 1980, aren’t they? So 40 year-old vehicles. Is it that they drive old cars you object to, or something else?

No they are still building them. Those were and still are the parliamentry vehicle fleet. It isnt the fact as you put it, old vehicles, but the fact they are all about (or were) eco things and how the folks have to change their lives etc, to save this and that and what ever, but they get taken home in a vehicle like the upper class mercedes. so hypocritical. in my view.

Well if she herself (which i dont think is the case) isnt someone somewhere in the background certainly is. And she will dissapear in to the wilderness (probably after she has picked up the noble prize and the money).

Are they the ones called S now? I am only asking because while I know 0 about cars, I spend a bit of time every year or so in a Mercedes garage while they do whatever it is to my car (révision), and I like to look around and also read their literature.

Complaining that Extinction Rebellion inconvenienced you is like complaining that the fire alarm woke you up.

5 Likes

The words parliamentary fleet intrigued me so i had a look, that looks like a Skoda to me

And it says in the article (by a brexit party mep, so anti the EU) that they are hybrid vehicles.

So which parliamentary fleet has those Mercedes? Germany maybe?

I find it extraordinary that anyone can criticise GT, the girl/young lady is 16 and has achieved more in her short life than most of us ever will, she should be encouraged and applauded.

4 Likes

And then they would be specially built by Mercedes and able to withstand all types of explosive assault - unfortunately in this day and age our politicians need the best armoured fleet - in Germany that’s Mercedes using large powerful cars. Or perhaps they should whizz about in Hybrid vehicles to make a point?

2 Likes

No idea Dan, I’d expect some parliamentarians at least might need armoured vehicles - no it is @Rocam who mentioned these ‘parliamentary fleet’ vehicles saying the Greens use them and that that makes them hypocrites.

Exactly Germany, and as Dan so rightly put it, armoured to the teeth and weighing in at more than half again as a standard model hence more power needed to get the darling politicians from A to B hence almost double the fuel consumption.

So logical then. Presumably MEPs are seen as less at risk which is why they can nip about in hybrid Skodas. The Oberbürgermeister where my parents live goes around by bike and tram mainly, or on foot -he is a Green (and a very nice man).

1 Like

Maybe you have a different name for them, but it all boils down at the end of the day to “do as we say not as we do” which i suppose could be claimed by all the politicians. They arent exactly leading by doing are they.

Stand for office!

1 Like