Tongue twisters French or English

My sister taught me this tongue twister many years ago. I still can’t say it properly without reading it.

2 Likes

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled pepper. If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled pepper, where’s the peck of pickled pepper Peter Piper picked?

I like this one (natch) and have distributed bits of it fairly widely as a user-name (in the past). :sunglasses:

1 Like

Bertha Burton bought some butter
Baker said the butter’s bitter
Bitter butter’s bad for batter
Bertha buy some better butter…

(My little brother used to chant this at primary school… gosh, so many years ago… The little horror went at it, over and over and over again…
so it stuck in all our minds whether we wanted it to or not… :zipper_mouth_face: )

2 Likes

Round and round the rugged rock the ragged rascal ran. I could never say my ‘r’ s pwoperly until I weached my late teens, so I could never pwonounce this one, and hated it.

When I eventually suddenly got the knack, it was as good as winning the lottewy, except the lottewy hadn’t been invented, it was the pools then, Littlewood’s or Vernon’s. :grinning:

1 Like

She sells seashells on the sea shore and the shells that she sells are seashells I’m sure… :rofl::rofl:

Forty thousand feathers on a thrush… (or something like that)…:zipper_mouth_face:

Red lorry, yellow lolly

3 Likes

Un chasseur sachant chasser chasse sans son chien…

It’s the “sans son” that trips me up every time…