Tour de France - Where the Money Went....?

I love love love the Tour de France. This year it’s coming to my neck of the woods on 22 July. Here is Mark Cavendish with a preview of each stage.

Vive la tour!!! :biking_man::biking_man::biking_man::biking_man::biking_man::biking_man::biking_man::biking_man:

1 Like

Yes, I still love it despite everything! I’ve been hooked since Pedro Delgado’s tour which I found entrancing. Race radios and drugs have tarnished it slightly, but the positive side is better TV coverage. It came through our tiny village in 2016 which was a great community day.

1 Like

I see Froome is getting some stick from the locals before the tour has even started -

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/44733587

1 Like

Had to Google that name. You’ve been following it much longer than me. The first Tour I saw was 2007. Never seen it live so hope to be able to get to Mazamet to see it this year.

It’s great fun live…although some of the mountain stages are a bit too frenetic for me now. Pick a corner, a feeding station or a slight uphill otherwise they are gone in seconds. And take supplies as it’s a long wait!

1 Like

TdF passed through our town and our front door in one of the early stages of last year’s event, the build-up was heart-thumpingly exciting but ithe peloton went by in a flash and the aftermath had a strong sense of anti-climax. But I watched lots later on TV and greatly enjoyed the spectacle and the long-shots of glorious France in all its variety.

I’m looking forward to this year’s Tour.

1 Like

Oh great–more sport!! As if there’s not enough on already.

2 Likes

Oh no Sue, not a fan then? Only a few weeks and it will all be over, World Cup, Tour de France, Wimbledon etc etc.

1 Like

I would have been jumping up and down with excitement if it came past my front door. Lucky you. It’s a long wait though if you have to stand on a street just to watch them flash past for a few seconds.

I hope to find an uphill spot where they will be going a little slower!!

1 Like

It’s passing here, I will just have a NICE long lie in 'til it’s all gone/over ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think Tim got it right in the football thread but I wouldn’t dream of using such a naughty word!!! :wink::laughing:

2 Likes

Just showing himself for a pillock Mandy, he wouldn’t use it to my face :rofl:

1 Like

I would definitely say much worse things to your face Bill.:wink:

4 Likes

Go away, silly :rofl:

1 Like

https://www.sudouest.fr/2018/07/08/tour-de-france-peter-sagan-s-offre-la-2e-etape-grosse-chute-avant-l-arrivee-5214978-4596.php

1 Like

I’m not really into cycling… but they mention Arras… and that brought back very happy memories of a wonderful stop-over there… donkey’s years ago… and a superb meal (food is always high priority)… so… I did read this article

I cannot walk properly on cobbles… let alone cycle on them…

No wonder there were so many crashes…