Tracking options for threads

Just wanted to say that, after someone mentioned it recently, I have just “muted” my first thread.
I didn’t know you could do this (bit slow, I know) but there have been a few threads lately that have been really winding me up, so the ability not to even see them is great (and probably helping my rather high blood pressure) :smiley:

Thought I’d mention it in case others were as slow as me…

2 Likes

We all need to minimise our stress these days, I reckon…

and our ability to chuckle at all sorts of stuff before all the covid/brexit hassle… has perhaps lessened … a bit…

A couple of threads had run their useful course as far as I was concerned, so I muted them… but I’ve taken a peak since then and still find that I made the right choice… :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :wink:

2 Likes

That’s a good idea, Stella! I think it’s great that people can express their worries and joys and all sorts on SF but from time to time, for me, it can feel a bit much. I can be a fragile little flower sometimes :rofl:

1 Like

I’m probably guilty as charged @AngelaR :wink:
As @Stella says, some threads have well passed their sell by date as the same old diatribe repeats itself ad-nauseam and it goes nowhere new.
And some with the “bulldog” spirit just won’t leave the bone well and truly buried so, rather than bury the bone in their virtual skull, I mute threads to save my sanity :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

As a rule of thumb … I mute…

If I want to shout a reply…
If I want to strangle the poster…
If I feel exasparated but realize the poster is not intentionally annoying me…
If I feel the poster is trying to bully/goad…
If the thread becomes an arguement…
of course we all judge stuff differently… and we are all under stress…

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I see you in a whole new light after this reply @Stella :rofl:

Ha ha… whatever was the light like before… :roll_eyes: :thinking:

Muting is something which I did NOT use much… before.

Now, since covid threatens to wreck my good humour and patience… I’m becoming quite adept at it… :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Are there any posts left for you to read Stella? :grin:

3 Likes

But better to vent on SF than kick the dog/cat or throw saucepans at the partner…

2 Likes

Good grief, yes… loads and loads. :slight_smile:

1 Like

that’s often what I think, when I read what some have posted… that’s why I let them get on with it… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

the threat of self flagellation at the bottom of the garden works for me :wink:
OH can’t bear to see me enjoy myself so she gives in :upside_down_face:

@AngelaR don’t forget that, in an otherwise useful thread, you can mute/ignore an individual poster…

1 Like

Thanks for that, @graham - didn’t realise you could do it for individuals too. That might become useful at some point :smiley:

2 Likes