Tranche de boeuf

I bought a couple of fairly thick (1cm) slices of tranche de boeuf this afternoon, really with a view to making a beef curry.

As one gets older, one’s taste buds need a spicy gee-up, I find. EspecialIy as I’ve got a cold coming on. Feed a cold and starve a fever.

Tips on how to cook the cut. I reckon it needs to be tenderised somehow, as I think maltreatment will render it as shoe-leather.

Many thanks in advance…:stuck_out_tongue:

Slow cooker? Inexpensive ones available online, so not v practical right now for this bit of beef, but very convenient and economical for the next one…

1 Like

I’ve got one of those machins loitering restively in my virtual cart, Vero, so your nudge may be just what I needed to faire le plonge, if that isn’t taking my new-decade of confidence in promiscuously ungrammatical French too far.:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Super useful, especially marvellous on a dark dreich day when I get back from work to my kitchen full of a comforting fug of stewy deliciousness and know supper just needs to be stuck on a plate and that’s it, no other preparation necessary.

3 Likes