(Transfer)Wise Customers - Shareholding?

Have you had the Wise shareholder email? If so, are you going to express / have you expressed an interest in becoming a shareholder?

Yes, and yes. I probably will invest if selected. Did you see my thread on their floatation? I think many bricks and mortar banks have had it. Empty branches full of people who report to people elsewhere (i.e. nobody) does not encourage loyalty or confidence. Retrofitting the new world on existing processes, structures and staffing is probably impossible for most “High Street” banks. Wise are worth a punt IMO, obviously only using money one can afford to loose.

Can I try investing using your money you can afford to lose?

2 Likes

I wrote that because I wouldn’t want to be seen to endorse any investment Mat. History shows that I’m wrong more often than I’m right. :roll_eyes:

I think they were talking about a 100 quid minimum and to be held for a year. :slightly_smiling_face: So worth a punt, IMO yes.

2 Likes

I got my one free share as did my partner :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Sorry Colin, don’t understand, please explain more. I thought the share offer hasn’t happened yet. Have I missed something?

We want to give you a free share in Wise

We’re giving one free share in Wise to 2,000 customers around the world — and you’re in!

Why? Customers like you are a part of our mission and we believe having your voice onboard as a shareholder will help us achieve it faster.

Here’s what you need to know:

• Claim it by Friday 23 April
  • You’ll become a shareholder, and own 0.0000029% of Wise
  • It has value — if you sell it, you’ll be responsible for reporting tax

The share is a gift to you and is absolutely free — it’s our way of saying thanks.

Gosh! You are special!