Transformation of the old Tobacco Drying Sheds

We’ve seen these old buildings across France… with no idea of just how they could be brought into today’s world. Wonderful to watch the video of this particular transformation…

Once you have achieved perfection you can only watch it deteriorate. . . . .

2 Likes

Last Saturday’s Sud Ouest magazine showed one village which has turned a Drying Shed into a Salle des Fetes (or whatever they call it)… excellent transformation… :hugs:

Fab to see! We are sitting on ours waiting for enough money to do some sort of transformation! Small medieval house and stone barn will be first but I do really love what can be done!

Oh… you will have such fun getting your place done… bit by bit…

Money has always been our stumbling block… so things take a bit longer than planned/hoped… but who cares…

Life is for living and enjoying every moment…

best of luck

2 Likes

To be honest it is not only the money but the time, with dh doing it all himself, around his fibromyalgia, reluctant teens helping here and there and me when I’m not working / doing house / children / school run stuff. I’ve given up getting worried about it, it will happen when it happens! Or when we win the lotto :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I finally got an inside toilet before last winter (the very odd former owners put the bathroom (well shower room) outside, only about 6 steps but still :crazy_face: ) and this year I’m hoping for an indoor bathroom, with a real bath - will be the height of luxury! Need to finish our new bedroom and the little ones new bedroom as we are all in one big room still and DS3’s bed is where the bath will be :crazy_face: :rofl: Oh the joys of live in renovations!

1 Like

Certainly not always… but just sometimes… by being forced to take things slower than we would have liked … we actually found we changed our minds on bits and pieces and, in fact, we were glad that we hadn’t been able to go-for-it all at once. :roll_eyes:

Whatever… you are here… and that’s the most important bit…

This is true, we are certainly not doing what we originally thought that we would be doing with everything!