Translation please

It’s to do with reading, we often read what we expect to see even when it different. For that reason it’s hard to proof read your own work.

1 Like

Hurrah… I knew there was another word… (or words)

1 Like

It is a LAMPADAIRE avec 5 lumière en forme tulipe

35 €

Should have tried cdiscount.

@barryandpat, looks lovely… and I guess, I do get the Brownie Points… phew… :relaxed::wink::roll_eyes:

Despite not knowing what a standard lamp is: a lamp on the bedside table is a lampe de chevet- a lamp on a table elsewhere (such as side table) is a lampe à poser or a lampe de table- a tall standing lamp is a lampadaire - a street lap is a reverbère… :slight_smile: lampes - Google Suche

Hi Elizabeth… I think you have misunderstood my “query”… :wink: It was rather tongue in cheek…:roll_eyes:

Barry asked about a “standard light”… and it turns out that he means a “standard lamp”…

We have covered all the French phrases…

cheers

After three nights of a flickering orange nuisance outside a bedroom window I looked up street light in my crumbling Oxford-Hachette dictionary and it said réverbère, so that’s what I told the Mairie, “River Bear” :fog::droplet: :bear: and it must have been understood 'cos the flickering stopped. pronto.

2 Likes

:rofl:

Well done Pete ! Here is a picture of an “allumeur de réverbère”. They are sadly facing a hudge crisis of unumployement at the moment !

2 Likes

Babeth, I’m not entirely sure what the gentleman is actually doing to the lamp-post in that leg-over position, but they both seem to be rather ‘inflamed’ :laughing::upside_down_face::flushed::rofl:

Not so much “sous les ponts de Paris…” as “au-dessus les réverbères de Paris…” :scream::flushed:

1 Like

:rofl: B’ is working tomorrow Pete, so gone to bo bo’, :grin:

She seems to be a remarkable woman. What great good fortune that you met each other, Bill. May you both live long, happy and fulfilling lives in each other’s arms! G’neet both.

2 Likes

Nite to both Pete :hearts:

Something different for work today ! Forum des associations in Caden, representing the associations from St Gravé, Pluherlin, Limerzel, Malansac, Rochefort en Terre and Caden.
Rougail saucisse for lunch. Nice day not in the office ! Starts at 11h

2 Likes

Bonne journée Madame Morgan !

2 Likes

Thankyou for the suggestion Barry…x :slight_smile:

I think I did find the same model on there too…I have a little while yet to make a decision where to buy from but would like to have one ready for this winter…

So far buying from Germany (on that particular model) is still the cheapest option even with delivery charge…

http://www.wordreference.com is very good. It confirms lampadaire or lampe sur pied as Mandy has said.

2 Likes

Yes, Fleur… as Mandy said … “Yes”… she was agreeing with what I had already posted… :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:

1 Like

I need every Brownie Point I can get… a bit like greenshield stamps… I’m saving up for something special…:hugs::sweat_smile::rofl::rofl:

1 Like