Transport within France

In June ( the 19th to be precise !) we need to dispatch our daughter’s stuff from her flat in Lille, back home here near Pau. When she first went there, I could use a transporter through work, and get our work rate. As I was made redundant in December, that is not an option for the return. I haven’t yet contacted the transport companies, for a cost estimate, but just wondered if anyone had any suggestions. There will be 2 large boxes that can be put on a pallet or not, with a total weight of roughly 80kgs, no need for quick delivery. (Going up there were 77 kgs and it cost just under 60€.)
Thanks !

There is a parcel service like bla bla car that does co-voiturage for parcels - might be worth a try?

Having made various enquiries, I think we will probably use La Poste ! A 30kg parcel costs about 27 € , so we are still under 100 € for 3 boxes. There is a size limit too (sum of L x l x h less than 200 cm). All in all cheaper than the only Shiply estimate (148 €).
Definitely worth looking into !

Have you tried this page http://www.envoimoinscher.com/colis/?expediteur.collecte_type=entreprise

All depends on what you are sending. You get what you pay for I’m afraid. It’s not until something goes wrong that you realise it’s worth paying the extra.Have a good look at the insurance covers and bear in mind that La Poste don’t understand the word “Fragile” and making a claim is not an easy process.

How would you like a valid European driver’s license in less than a week!! give it a try, its worth the effort

Just to conclude, having looked at various options (including the suggestion above) we finally did use La Poste, and I have to say we were very pleased with the service.
We bought some moving boxes and just made sure they didn’t go over the 30 kg. La Poste has a limit on size, the accumlated L x l x h should be under 200 cm.
In the end we sent 4 boxes (40 x 80 x 40, 128li) with a total weight of 110 kgs for a total cost of 107€. Which I think is pretty reasonable (considering the 80kgs we sent with Schenker on a works rate, cost 60 €)
The boxes weren’t necessarily the strongest but we taped them up well, and 2 days later they were delivered to the house, with just a few knocks, due mainly to the quality of the boxes. Nothing damaged, we’d padded everything fragile (Hoover, crockery, kettle…) with duvet, pillows and so on.
I agree with smaller, lighter parcels, the Poste employees might not take that much care, but noone was going to swinging these ones around !!!
Our main problem has been finding room for everything, before it all gets moved to Toulouse !!

@james