Travel Advice For The UK - Has Anyone Been....? (Indian recipes added)

I’m off to the UK tomorrow - first time in a long time. I’ve been dispatched off to a Rosemary Shrager Indian Cookery course with a mate - birthday pressie and can’t wait!! :slight_smile:

So tell me - what should I look out for - is the water safe to drink? do they take euros? what’s the food like? any vaccinations required? and…places not to miss in and around Royal Tunbridge Wells no less…all contributions gratefully accepted :slight_smile:

I’ve been laying out my clothes for around a month, having my hair done later and got a shirt and tie, chinos, blue blazer and panama hat out for the journey and my brand new European Red passport - OTT ??? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

…all contributions gratefully accepted

You want some money too…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

LOL ! Thinking of starting a ‘JustGiving’ page :-:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I should look out for all those CTV cameras we hear so much about, apparently you can’t even fart without someone commenting on it :rofl:

Lucky guy, what a great present. I always did say you would go far, does this mean I will be invited to your Indian evening when you return ?

I do have my own sari, here’s a pic to prove it and I do love curry :hugs:

6 Likes

Lol! I love Indian food Ann - just so difficult to find near us so I can use all the help I can get! I just love cooking and find it totally relaxing and therapeutic even if sometimes I don’t enjoy eating what I’ve made!!! I guess the important thing is that others do :slight_smile:
Anyway - love the sari - beats a toga party any day!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a great present! Make sure you take a big bag and a credit card so you can stock up on spices…

You might need a face mask and ear plugs, every time I return I find it noisy & smelly. And look right when you cross the road…

1 Like

Cookery courses are brilliant presents - I was give a Waitrose one 3 years ago - a complete blast and very well done.

4 Likes

I did a pizza course in Naples - equally fun. Amazing what you can learn about a tomato.

4 Likes

You lucky fellow… enjoy yourself and bring us back some super recipes… :relaxed::relaxed:

3 Likes

Wow I’m impressed at all the equipment there and how clean it is. Would have liked to see some after photos though because I do know (from previous experience) how creative, but messy, some men can be in the kitchen. :mask: Those 3 little words that can make a women’s heart beat faster (in terror)… I’ll cook tonight ! Just kidding Simon. Do hope that you have a great time and that we see get to see some photos. Have fun :clown_face:

5 Likes

Second that Ann, recipes please Simon :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Armageddon springs to mind - the beauty of these courses is that they have ‘people who do’ (i.e. clean up after you!). Sadly we’ve had to lay them off at Armstrong Towers as they started revolting…:-:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And…of course I’ll share the recipes just as soon as I get back :slight_smile:

3 Likes

LOL, stay safe!

1 Like

Rosemary Shrager is teaching Indian Cuisine!!!
There is a great Indian restaurant in London…Indian Zing.
There is a lot to be learnt about cooking just by eating there.

Yep Barbara - she was inspired by her time on ‘The Real Marigold Hotel’ TV series.

1 Like

She is a character!
why not.

She scares the hell out of me to be honest but…I kind of like that :wink: I’m sure we’ll get on superbly well - I adore larger than life people. Thanks for the restaurant recommendation !!

I knew there was something missing in my life … a person who does. If any of your ‘revolting’ people are available then I can offer them a living (barely) wage to come and be revolting here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

well have fun and let us know about it.
Cooking classes are hard work…so much washing up…cook for 20 people and times that
by 100.
Cooking for the clients and explaining the dishes to them is a great way of teaching them.
Answering their questions and teaching them where to buy the best, the freshest and the tastiest.

Sorry Ann - I had them flogged and sent to La Bastille - peasants!! :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp: