Travel - France to UK for those choosing not to be jabbed

I am planning to fly from france to UK this weekend and just noticed this banner on the British Airways site relating to non jabbed travellers:
‘Most travelers from France are not able to exit without proof of full COVID-19 vaccination’
(https://www.britishairways.com/en-us/information/incident/coronavirus/entry-requirements)
Ignoring the spelling error, I am wondering where this statement has come from because it conflicts with all other information out there. Have any other non jabbed contributors travelled to UK very recently?

I should imagine travel as an unvaccinated person to still be very difficult.

I’m not surewhy you think it conflicts with other info? Hasn’t this been the case all the way along that the non vaccinated need an imperative motiveto travel?

Says so clearly on the embassy site for unvaccinated travellers:

. Présenter un motif impérieux

Tout déplacement vers le Royaume-Uni pour les personnes non vaccinées est soumis à la production d’un motif impérieux. La liste indicative des motifs impérieux figure sur l’attestation de sortie du territoire métropolitain téléchargeable ici.

2. Présenter un test PCR ou antigénique effectué dans les 2 jours avant le départ

Un test négatif est nécessaire pour tous déplacements vers l’Angleterre. Il doit être effectué dans les 2 jours avant le déplacement.

2 Likes

I believe that the UK and France both have different rules now for fully vax and for non fully vax.
There may also be the issue of getting back into France if that is your plan, if you have travelled abroad without a motif impérieux.

To go to UK you will need a negative covid test before you leave France and book and pay for a Day 2 test for your arrival in UK plus PLF.To return to France you will need a negative covid test before you leave UK,also fill out compelling reason form to enter France plus sworn statement form,think that,s how it stands at the moment.

If vaccinated…

No longer - I was in UK last week, test before you go is not required and Day 2 test is not required - the PLF no longer requests the test number if coming from France. Travel between UK and France is now very easy.

2 Likes

Even if you aren’t vaccinated?

The info detailed was for the poster who was asking about travel to UK for people who are not fully vaccinated.

1 Like

The link fell off my post.

This is the best authoritative source of information and it is updated as necessary

I missed that part!

My wife flew into Bordeaux from Luton this morning with Easyjet - a number of passengers were refused flying as they did not have confirmation of vaccine status and they were left in Luton.

5 Likes

Blimey….had they been on a dessert island the last two years I wonder?

1 Like

Île flottante?

5 Likes

Don’t fancy being stranded in Luton. Although being stranded in Stanstead could well be worse.

2 Likes

Coconut tart perhaps.

1 Like

As well it should be.

2 Likes

Quite - we aren’t out of the woods yet.

2 Likes

You have probably already discovered why; but I think if you are unvaccinated you still have to prove that you have booked your day 2 test on arrival and have a negative PCR before boarding?’’ Changes to international travel rules from 11 February 2022

• Fully vaccinated – from 11 February

If you qualify as fully vaccinated for travel to England, you:

- will not need to take a COVID-19 test before you travel to England or after you arrive
- will not need to quarantine when you arrive

You will need to complete a passenger locator form before you travel to England.

Check if you can follow the rules for people who are fully vaccinated – includes people aged 17 and under.

• Not fully vaccinated – from 11 February

If you do not qualify as fully vaccinated for travel to England, you will need to:

- show proof of a negative COVID-19 test – test to be taken in the 2 days before you travel to England
- book and pay for a COVID-19 PCR test – to be taken after you arrive in England
- complete a passenger locator form before you travel to England

You will need to book the PCR test before you travel.

You will not need to quarantine, unless the result of the PCR test is positive.’’

Rather than start a new thread I thought I’d tag on to this old one.

Is anyone aware of the current situation for unvaccinated people to travel between the U.K. and France? A relative is wanting to come from the U.K. and having looked at the french information it’s a little vague on exact specifications so I thought I’d ask all you amazing knowledgeable people. It says “Unvaccinated travelers must present a negative result of a PCR test less than 72 hours or an antigen test less than 48 hours before departure”

Can they get like a £15 LFT or whatever sent through the post to do at home and email them the results back or whatever it is and receive a certificate in a couple of hours, or must it be a test in person or something? Is it now the case you don’t have to do anything to get back to the U.K.? Might the airline insist on something even if the U.K. doesn’t?

Thank youuu! :grinning:

I did the trip a couple of weeks ago and I don’t think anything has changed since.
nothing is required going to UK. Coming back I had an antigen test at Stansted with the result by email within an hour. You also need a ‘valid reason’ to get into France - like a carte de séjour or something.
My wife also did the trip very recently and as she prefers not to have a mobile phone she needed the test on paper. This she had done in Cambridge with the result email’ed to a friend instantaneously. She then needed to go with her friend to the library and print it out.
The cabin crew insisted that one wears a mask when on board although I am now informed that this is against Ryanair policy (and has been for some time) so this can readily be challenged.

1 Like