Travel Writers

Evening all, I just love a good travel book. Who are your favourite travel writers? Do you prefer a bit of humour or hardship and creepy crawlies or a mixture of the two? i’ll let you in on my faves soon…

Its not need to travel to Africa discovering a beauty. The Beauty its near us, is everywhere where is eye and soul. We must not forget, France has a monument of best literature and a gorgeous country. South of France is EU California and we the EU people must take the opportunity to enjoy it, to develop any piece of the land into great business development.

The best piece of travel writing I’ve read for a long time is “Truck Fever, a journey through Africa” by Manchan Magan. It’s absolutely rivetting, a real page-turner and his writing style is beautiful.
He travels overland from London to Nairobi in the utmost discomfort with an ill-assorted bunch of people. You will be with him sweating in the back of the LandRover, covered in dust, scared for your life and nearly starving…

I love Eric Newby, haven’t read all of his but Love and War in the Appenines and a Small Place in Italy stick in my mind. I still need to read The Big Red Train Ride and A Short Walk in the Hindu Kush…

I’m reading In Patagonia at the moment, is it really all fiction Keith?

Eric Newby - Round Ireland in Low Gear. Must be at least 20 years since I read it, but haven’t ever forgotten it. More recently I have really enjoyed Carol Drinkwater’s books about the olive tree history in the Med; The Olive Route and The Olive Tree.