Trump Trumps Trump

https://youtu.be/ZJmPw0YZo4M

I’m assuming that after he loses next week Trump can continue to sign executive orders etc until he finally moves out in January?

Terrifyingly I believe that is how it works. I’m guessing he also has access to the big red button. :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

I guess if he was inclined to try to push it, someone lui mettrait hors jeu illico presto. The world may be going mad, but not that mad IMO, I trust?

I would hope not but I think he is so unstable I hope they keep a very close eye on him if he looses!

It appears that Trump has already signed an executive order to wreck the civil service just before he departs office.

His tenure lasts until 12 noon, Jan 20 2021 - it’s a throwback to the days when the new president might have to travel across the US to Washington in a horse drawn wagon to take up office.

1 Like

It’s possible that he may resign before then, so that Pence can pardon him for some of his crimes.

1 Like

I think he’s more likely to dispute the result and drag the process out as much as possible - think hanging chads on steroids.

2 Likes

First that, and then resign. If Florida’s votes are announced early, for Biden, it may all be over. But it’s impossible to predict what the Republicans and their Supreme Court Justices may attempt.

2 Likes

This is how the current situation is being reported in Florida, NC and Georgia - it depends a little what the gap represents (eg from the first line 61+37 = 98 so 2% unaccounted for), is it people who won’t say, don’t know or minority party voters.

However if accurate it would give Biden a narrow edge in Florida and NC and Trump an even narrower win in Georgia.

Amen to that. I very much doubt he will go quietly unless it is a landslide against him, and even then I’m not sure.

1 Like

The exit polls look good for Biden, but the gullibility of so many that have been conditioned to vote for Republicans is maddening.
There is going to be a record turnout, mostly due to people’s disgust of what has been happening here in the US since 2017. But it is possible that Biden wins the popular vote by 20 million and still loses the election. It’s incredible that a landslide can depend on a few thousand votes in the “swing states”.

He doesn’t have to go quietly, he just has to go. He may have to be dragged out, but he’s a coward, and will probably slip out the back door (with a one-way ticket to somewhere more hospitable towards him). If he wants to stay, there’s always the dungeon.

Voter turnout is shocking in the US (usually well below 60%) so if this time if it’s higher than that he could well lose big time and will have to skulk off into retirement.

It’s pretty certain that a high turnout will not be in Trump’s favour.

Imagine if it was 80 or 90%. Humpty Trumpty himself admitted that Republicans would no longer win elections if more people voted.

Yes, and it’s expected that there will be from 20-35 million more voters in 2020 than in 2016. This time the majority of white women will not vote for him. The problem is white men, I think they favour him over Biden by a narrow margin.

Bloody idiots!

3 Likes

1 Like

They (we) are! Women should be in control EVERYWHERE!

1 Like

John Lithgow is great, for a white man (just joking). Chantal and I just finished watching the complete series (139 episodes) of “3rd Rock from the Sun”, which was so funny and so original, and Lithgow was incredible in it. We are now watching Lithgow in the series “Trial and Error”. I haven’t read the book yet but did see him reading one of his poems. He’s always good.

4 Likes

He seems to be such a nice gentleman, love his work. He would be at my dinner party.

2 Likes