Two quick questions on obtaining a ten year long permit in France (I'm an Indian citizen)

Hello and two quick questions on obtaining a ten year carte séjour (equivalent to permanent resident card):

1. When one submits her/his dossier at the Préfécture for the above, do they have to fill up full employment history with the previous resident cards that (s)he had ? Or if not, does the Préfécture run a check?

2. I gather that one needs the tax declaration statements/documents, proof of housing, A2 level of French, proof of five years of uninterrupted stay, and a job (CDI/CDD/freelance), but aside from that, is there anything else significant that’s required in the dossier ?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hi Susovan

As you are an Indian Citizen…

When you say “I gather”… have you gathered the info from the Indian Gov Site or the French Govt Site…???

:thinking: :thinking:

The vast majority of people on sfn will be applying for the Brit specific (post Brexit) carte de séjours. I think you need to direct your question at other third country nationals applying for a carte de séjour so as to avoid a lot of confusion (otherwise people are likely to advise you regarding the Brit process requirements).

To be honnest, the best place for correct and exact info is the government’s site where everything is laid out according to your case/situation :wink:

See here and work your way through according to your situation

2 Likes

So are you saying that this site is mostly for the people from the UK and not for other nationals? I’ll look more for sure, but I wasn’t sure anything regarding the question 1) is written on that site?

And where is the answer to question no 1 on either the Indian Consulate site or the French Govt. site? Care to point me to it please?

not quite, it’s for anglophones (mainly) of all nationalities but, with the current situation and the majority of members being British, most will be familiar with the the Brit specific carte de séjour application process launched last autumn and not the classic third country nationals process.

And it’s always up to the applicant to prove/provide evidence of anything: employment, tax, domicile etc :wink:

1 Like

At the time , it seemed reasonable to ask where you had gathered your information… :upside_down_face:

Shall I take it that your answer is “neither”… ?? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Maybe it would be a good idea to ask them, by email or in person?

2 Likes

The French one. So am I being asked a counter question in return for my asking for help now, with multiple sarcastic emoticons? Thanks for that generosity - truly helpful in time of need!

Sure will do that - was just checking here first to see if someone has that answer to my question. Thanks for your comment.

Questions are often asked to provide clarification. The use of emotes by @Stella was not IMO sarcastic or in any way disresectful.
If you have a problem with the site, flag it and the Team will deal it.
@cat
You need to calm down fella

2 Likes

Hi @Hello_World ! I’m sure @Stella ’s questions were meant to be helpful but I agree, it could easily be construed as being asked to produce ‘evidence’ AND (here’s the important but!!) from just my personal experience, I know that dealing with French paperwork and being constantly asked to ‘justify’ just about everything, can make one very think skinned!
So please, take a deep breath and don’t be offended! We are ALL here to help. :slight_smile:
And, as @an_droo sensibly pointed out whilst this site most definitely is not just for Brits, the majority of the readership are British, so have more experience of solving problems from a British in France perspective. Having said that, we are all now third country nationals so are having to rapidly adjust to the changes that that involves.
Good luck and keep us posted. Have a great weekend!

3 Likes

Stella is one of the kindest and most patient people on here - I am sure she is not being sarcastic and you would do well not to be so aggressive in your replies.

4 Likes

I appreciate your comment - thanks for that! This is the kind of answers I expect when I go online and ask a real question, constructive and non-judgemental in nature. I’ll surely do!

Here, I did my research on the symbol:" 🤔 Thinking Face Emoji Please see the part Often used to question or scorn something or someone," I think anyone using that kind of emoticons should know the implications of that. In the age of social media, people are clearly familiar with them, so I’d not agree that it was an error to use that emoticon.

Also she used multiple question marks in stead of just one, what was really the point behind it? If I’ve to take a guess, very clearly my question is being ridiculed - hinting a clear sarcasm here. I understand - perhaps I should’ve done my own research, but this doesn’t give anyone to right to ridicule my question in front of everyone.

Here, I did my research on the symbol: "🤔 Thinking Face Emoji. "Please see the part “Often used to question or scorn something or someone,” I think anyone using that kind of emoticons should know the implications of that. In the age of social media, people are clearly familiar with them, so I’d not agree that it was an error to use that emoticon.

Also she used multiple question marks in stead of just one and that too multiple times (eg. “have you gathered the info from the Indian Gov Site or the French Govt Site…???” and “Shall I take it that your answer is “neither”… ?? :upside_down_face:”), anyone can see the sarcastic tone in it - what was really the point behind it? If I’ve to take a guess, very clearly my question is being ridiculed. I understand - perhaps I should’ve done my own research, but this doesn’t give anyone the right to ridicule my question in front of everyone.

Speaking about clarification, I didn’t see anything constructive from her, except one or two liners, that clearly doesn’t help. If the question is a trivial question, nobody needs to answer it, but the last thing I need is judgement during a hard time.

1 Like

Thread muted. No further interest in this unwarranted attack on @Stella

2 Likes

Agreed, not the best way to get answers to a first time post by being aggressive and looking for a argument when someone was only trying to help.

2 Likes

The responses were non-judgmental.
People went out of their way to help you. By requesting more exact detail as to your sources of information and the steps you had taken.

As you would have seen, this often happens and multiple questions are posed when people try to help each other on here.

Plus it was pointed out to you that a very large number of people on here are fortunate to benefit from Withdrawal Agreement extra features due to Brexit that will not apply to people applying on a different basis in future. And as most people are not experts it was mentioned to you that the answers from people here might not be accurate for your own situation. As a courtesy so you would be aware.

The consensus of the advice here is that you’d be much better served by checking official French government sources for your situation. That’s objectively the best advice anyone can give you and given your sensibilities, also to be recommended.

I wish you success in your application - but please consult official sources to ensure you get the best answers relative to your own position.

Hum…no idea why that came up as a new thread.

1 Like