UK Covid analysis

and so say all of us ! … (well, me anyway… :wink: )

4 Likes

It’s also worth bearing in mind that the French data refer to .the proportion of the population over 12 who have been vaccinated. The last time I looked, the UK figures still related to over 18s

2 Likes

It does distort downwards the figures when comparing against other countries - but well worth vaccinating as many over 12s as possible to limit transfer within schools.

I think all oldies will continue to be careful and be up for the booster.

I see the two places UK and France having roughly the same death rates and hospitalisation figures although cases in the UK are much higher and likely to climb again. As we have many more music festivals and other large events.
Glad we are coming to France as I wouldn’t be surprised if we faced restrictions during autumn for coming from the UK.

Some scientists accepting this is endemic in the UK population.

With roughly 100 deaths per day “Freedom Day” seems to have happened a little early - unfortunately this is not “done” yet.

Unfortunately Borris is still with us but we live in hope.
Maybe there will be a vaccine that can stop me hearing his drivel and his cohorts.

It’s called the ‘off’ button.

1 Like

Did you mean this button Jane?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A bigger bang and it would be fine

Not big enough?? I’ll see what I can find :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Better?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Ah Guido Falkes where are you now?

1 Like

Well he was after the King and not Parliament.

Dont spoil it :joy:

Looks like the UK JCVI might be right to advise against vaccinating children…

1 Like

@Geof_Cox - interesting report, suggests that the rate of myocarditis is much higher than other figures that I saw (which put it about 1:250k - this suggests 20x that rate in 17 year old kids and even higher in younger age groups).

Anyway what I really wanted to post was this:

I mean - colour me surprised, not. Most people can’t afford an extra 10 days off work or the extra expense of test to release. I guess it will be better now that most people are vaccinated and don’t actually have to quarantine but it really is not terribly surprising that people did not comply (we had annoying daily phone checks but as we’d given mobile Nos we could have been anywhere). The data was that many people were not isolating after a contact, why should quarantine on return from holiday be different.

Finally - scrapping the requirement to be vaccinated before going into enclosed venues with hundreas of other people - what the actual ****?

The government has clearly lost interest in any anti-covid measures.

Normally democratic governments are suppose to act in the interests of those they represent - not this lot :rage:

1 Like

I guess the UK is going to be referred to as Plague Island for quite some time to come :face_with_raised_eyebrow::confused:

1 Like

With good cause unfortunately.

Why good cause? The rates are falling, due in part to the vaccines.