UK qualified electrician

And just as a side note. It’s not allowed for foreign builders to come on a French construction site without meeting these requirements of course (all foreign workers are either working through a registered / compliant sub-contractant or they are working “on the black”).

Oh bless you Cat, but it’s hardly new. I bought it 13 years ago with the intention of retiring here. Brexit has thrown a spanner in the works, especially since I can’t afford to retire this year, but let’s just gloss over that :blush:

3 Likes

Ok but you did say “pay her” above. Fabien’s advice is sound BTW

1 Like

Thanks Fabien. Assuming she comes to visit me for a holiday and give me guidance, who would I declare that to?

No one, she’s just your daughter, coming to stay/help with your private renovation.

3 Likes

Yes that was just a price comparison for her doing a similar job in the UK. A rewire in the UK would be around £3k. I’ve had a quote here for £10k. That’s a big difference for a similar job. House prices may be cheap in France, but not much else.

1 Like

So if she comes over you need to declare this as “auto construction” so basically you declare that you are doing this yourself and no paid labor is involved
It was this section. It makes it sound like I have to tell someone.

No need to tell anyone, do as you seem fit, but the works must be in compliance with French regs NF 15-100 then for insurance conformance ask for an inspection by the consuel

2 Likes

I presume “auto construction” would only apply if the renovation needed planning permission and an official declaration of works.

Ooh now that now sounds like the sort of thing I was hoping for. Who are the consuel and how do I find them?

Contact them when you have finished the installation.
1 Like

Warren you’re a star. Thank you. In fact a big thank you to everyone for your help. It’s a minefield and I don’t want to do the wrong thing.

Cheers @Wozza

For those (like me) who now see that Consuel Faisons is the way to go with a renovation…

here is a page which explains how Consuel Faisons actually works …

I’ll be getting in touch with them once the last wire is in place… :wink:

Mmmm… seems the tiny salon should have 5 sockets… :roll_eyes:

You can NEVER have too many sockets. :grin:

1 Like

I think the regs will disagree. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Dunno - they specify minima rather than maxima don’t they for particular room areas - though obviously the number per circuit is limited.

1 Like

Yes, as many as you want, provided no more than 4 (i think) doubles per 16A mcb

Upto 8 sockets with 2.5mm2 wiring on a single circuit and upto 5 sockets with 1.5mm2 wiring.

And presumably there’s no earthly reason why you couldn’t have more than one circuit per room. Open plan kitchen/dining/living areas these days need STACKS of sockets.