UK urges EU countries to ensure Britons living abroad can stay after Brexit

To the tune of " Getta Bloomin’ Move On!"

Could someone organise an anonymous poll on @anon65742194’s redundant two-part message in
bold ? Or is he totally unsusceptible to friendly counsel?

It’s almost certainly a lost cause, I know. :confused::upside_down_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

he don’t give a shit Peter

I do wonder why this guy is even living in France in first place if you don’t like France you can always move back

4 Likes

It seems pretty clear to me why France has deferred to October, so that they can catch up on administration prior to being swamped with applications. I have looked at, what I believe will be, the criteria and it appears quite straight forward. Why would France not want us to stay, as long as we’re not a drain…if you have sufficient funds and adequate health cover, what would be the issue? I find the negativity the biggest drain…as many of you have said, why stay here if you think you’re being treated so badly?

2 Likes

It all comes down to who you trust more, Boris Johnson or Emmanuel Macron. Simple!

It may not have any relevance but the Luxembourg Government have now opened its application process (despite a resurgence of Covid)
for Brits to change their paperwork for new style Brexit friendly versions.
This may have no relevance to France but is interesting for some.
You will find it here

PS presently I am in 83 and thankfully France has made masks mandatory as until this week very few people in supermarkets etc bothered with a mask. It felt as if this part of France had been untouched by the Corona Virus.

Well that’s true. Some parts have been virtually untouched by the virus. Depends where you live. But now we are in the holiday season, tourists will be visiting many of the untouched parts and bringing the virus with them. So now seems like the right time to make the wearing of masks mandatory.
With luck, the tourism industry will be able to make enough money to survive the winter and we oldies will be able to avoid infection and also survive the winter!

2 Likes

Macron! Johnson? He is a complete tool

Spain has also declared its hand.

Anyone with residency from any time past up to some date this month [July] has no need nor obligation to do anything. For those applying for the 6 months to 31/12/20 an new card will be issued to reflect the WA. Holders of earlier residency cards can exchange for the new ones if they wish but it’s not obligatory.