UK Wills on French Property

Why not ask your Notaire what he is basing his suggestion upon… :thinking: Get him to clarify his thinking and see what you make of it.

In your own situation… you may have more options than simply “land of your birth”…

Me, I would far rather discuss a subject with my Notaire until it was thoroughly clear what was being said… than not discuss sufficiently and simply hope things will work out as intended… mmm… that situation would niggle me … can’t settle for that.

but, we each have our own little ways… vive la difference… :hugs:

If you have Irish nationality, that counts as your land of birth, even if you weren’t born there.
Schrödinger’s childbirth :wink:

1 Like

I’m in two minds about this. Kittenbirth, surely?

2 Likes

I’ve been considering applying for French citizenship which will take my paradox to new level. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hi. I am concerned about the accuracy of the above as somecontributers refer to Brits and England/English law .You are .not allowing for the other legal systems in the UK ie.Wales which is largely the same as in England and Scotland a nd N.Ireland which are different legal systems.please be aware of the terminology used in order to provide an accurate

Fair comment @Pat… but we are referring to “land of one’s birth” which I think should be OK… :thinking:

Brussels IV is an international thingy (as we have said many times…) and it covers so many countries… we’ve given the basic idea and it is for individuals to investigate their own situation, I reckon…

Incidentally, hello @Pat1812 and welcome to the forum… :hugs: