Unreported seismic shift

I’m quite astonished to realise that I shall be the first to comment on the huge seismic shift that has occurred today, as 60 + million subjects of HM Queen Elizabeth II are arbitrarily and suddenly jerked down a signant notch in their position relative to their title to accession to the throne, by the birth of another child to William and Catherine Wales. A sociological earthquake that no-one has so far commented on. A huge mass of entitlement, suddenly fractured along a predictable fault-line, and not a single scream of anguish?

I am personally immured by age and regular insult to such shocks, and console myself only in the knowledge that I have royal precedence over most of the dullard plebs who may read this and realise, perhaps for the first time, how profoundly hopeless is their claim to preference to the throne, especially as Prince Harry and his consort will doubtless do their best to queer the pitch or move the goalposts wider apart after their nuptials next month.

Vivat Regina!

1 Like

Why couldn’t you just say ‘congratulations to Kate & Wills’?

3 Likes

Not a royalist, but good luck to the new arrival, as I would wish for any child, I’m sure my contributions will buy a few ‘rusks’ for the Lad :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Lol…when I read the title I thought you were perhaps gonna mention the “interplanetary shock wave” and blue auroras…biting my tongue about “royals”…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wouldn’t presume, Tim, I’ve learned to know my place. It ranks about 58,000,000 beneath them both, and it won’t register with either of them, even if it suits other people’s sense of civic decorum, or where my duty lies. :wink:

1 Like

As good eggs go, I would also rate Will a very good egg indeed, Bill. Those young men have been dealt à very difficult hand, and they have both played it well. They deserve our support. But I wholeheartedly despise the institution of monarchy and its part in the perpetuation of the class system, which is corrupt, illegitimate, and basically an engine of subjugation and control.

Clothing it in “just like us” sentimentality is a fiction, and I will not be a willing dupe. See what à loathsome charade is the so-called Commonwealth. HRH Prince Philip knows that they are really cannibals, niggers and fit only to serve the drinks and clean the kazi. But he still looks like a mensch in his Navy whites, no?

2 Likes

Why use only 5 words Tim when there are so many Peter has the choice of ? :rofl:

Simple - less is often more.

1 Like

Where would we be without Magna Carta & Oliver C’ eh? Peter, could be worse :slightly_smiling_face:

:wink::wine_glass:

1 Like

Say “Hi” from me to that goose of your acquaintance, Bill. Goose is good, Magna Carta and Oliver Cromwell close contenders.

2 Likes

The rubbish he spouts is called ‘Goble-degook’!

2 Likes

who cares, i certainly do not, woohoo they had another kid. what are they like 180th in line to the throne?

its boring news to me and anyone writing about it is clearly just as bored.

When I was in my teens I was often asked if I was related to Josef Goebbels, Adolf Hitler’s propaganda minister, so I am not much concerned by creeps with the same mentality in the 21st century. Water off a duck’s back, as the saying goes.

But it’s interesting that British abroad are just as intolerant of civil liberties as they are at home on the scepter’d isle of England, and just as crudely critical of literate discourse. Thank God for French culture, is all I can say. Fortunately the people who host SNF have a broad and very civilised view of what goes on these message boards, and welcome and encourage diversity of opinion and style. Thanks SFN.

2 Likes

The new kid is fifth in line, Harry, which means that your namesake, he of the ginger beard, has dropped down a peg to sixth. And all the rest, Randy Andy and his girls etc etc are all down a notch too, and the rest of us àre similarly relegated to the very low divisions in our turn. Don’t tell me you didn’t know you had some claim to blue blood, however slightly azure?

It’s your birthright, old chap! The House of Fawcett has a claim on the throne of England, and I pledge allegiance to your title, seeing how we have both seen service with the Lady of the Lamp :mask::innocent::face_with_head_bandage::face_with_thermometer:

1 Like

yeah alas if it ever came to be that i was in line for the throne id kick the entire royal family out on their ears.

2 Likes

Woman has baby. This is news? More pabulum for the great unwashed.

2 Likes

I used to be a republican, but having seen Francois Hollande 's photo staring down over a wedding, I changed my mind.
Parliamentary democracy is what we all hope for, but at the moment we seem to be be relying on the Lords to stand up for the rights of British citizens living in the EU and a realistic approach to the customs union.
The government seems to be the only ones who think that there is another answer to the Irish border.

1 Like

The UK should be a republic and the President should have the sole power to bomb a country if he feels like so inclined, just like here.

I think it’s a fact that we are all in line for the throne, Harry, but it’s a very long queue and there are many ahead of the likes of you and me unless there’s something in your family history you"re not telling us :sunglasses:… there"s something about Fawcett :tophat: that calls Fauntleroy to mind… :crown:

1 Like