Unreported seismic shift

Anyone remember a book. The plot, Royal Fam’ are rehoused on a Council Estate, it was very funny, but I cann’t remember Title or Author. :thinking:

Outside of noble birth you have no right to the throne - there is no such thing as 50 millionth in line to the throne.

There are over 50 descendents of George V with a claim to the British Crown.

Saw an amusing item on Utube a while ago, about a guy in Aus who recons He is the rightful King, due to some infidelity and ‘hanky panky’ a number of generations ago, wouldn’t be impossible at all :rofl:

Oops! I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. Doesn’t my parents being William and Mary count for something?

1 Like

since my family history is only for 3 generations been in England/ wales. my granddad fought for the British in WW2 and stayed in England after the war was over.

My long family tree is canadian and newzeland but since the origin of the name is the 14th century in Haddingtonshire now knows as East lothian.

Our family tree split at that stage in the 16th century originally going to Virginia but carrying on the Canada’s Our family returned at the end of WW2 and we then became welsh as that is where our family settles and grew.

fawcett_large

fawsyde_large

the 2 coats of arms from our origin surname to our new surname, changed sometime in the 15th century but I am not 100% on that part but know it was changed.

1 Like

She Townsend
The Queen and I

1 Like

Breath a sigh of relief would be my suggestion - it’s not a job I would want.

It seems some questions have been raised on the “unbroken line” since Richard III was dug up and found not t be related to Elizabeth II

Well done Nellie, thanks, must get a copy, Sue is a very amusing writer :slightly_smiling_face:

Must be a dreadful existence Paul :roll_eyes: :rofl:

Not dreadful, no. But not a position I’d volunteer for.

Love the heraldry, despite my thoughts about the monarchy. Thanks for outlining your heritage, Harry, I have not seriously investigated my own, but in a non-linear sense I do experience some connection with my ancestors, their lived experience across what we call time or history. But their station in life, my curiosity is not much ignited by that.

1 Like

i found it quite interesting to find out about my families history

There is worldwide interest not only in the new baby but in the Royals generally so there’s no chance of the UK being a republic any time soon.

Maybe as an non-Britt I should keep any comments to myself.
The nice Lady in the Hat:
The Queen is Head of the Church of England - a position that all British monarchs have held since it was founded by Henry VIII in the 1530s. The Queen appoints archbishops and bishops on the advice of the Prime Minister. The spiritual leader of the Church of England is the Archbishop of Canterbury.

The Commander-in-Chief of the British Armed Forces is a position vested in the British monarch, currently Queen Elizabeth II, who as Sovereign and head of state is the “Head of the Armed Forces”.

1 Like

Bet many of those sleeping in shop doorways and depending on food banks wouldn’t mind giving ‘them’ a hand with their onerous tasks, for a roof and a feed :thinking:

1 Like

Be interesting to know what proportion of the World doesn’t give a 'fig either :wink:

The point I was trying to make Bill is that whatever indifference/loathing the Windsors might inspire at home they are popular in a huge number of countries globally (including many republics), I doubt the same could be said of Donald Trump or even Macron.

1 Like

Whatever Tim :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s a poor reply Bill, what I’ve said is just how it is right or wrong.

Ok :slightly_smiling_face: