'Unry Wabbits

Any practical tips for discouraging the rabbits from enjoying the courgette and butternut plants, other than fencing of course :slightly_smiling_face:

We had a deterrent in UKā€¦ electrical device set to the ā€œrabbitā€ tone of whatever it didā€¦ worked a treatā€¦but we needed severalā€¦ it depends how big the area is ā€¦ :relaxed:

1 Like

For some reason I am imagining you with a bushy red moustacheā€¦ Billā€¦ :wink::relaxed::thinking: hope the rabbits donā€™t drive you too madā€¦ :sweat_smile:

:rofl: No donā€™t do 'Hirsute/ Scratchy/Itchy Stella.
Though, one rabbit repellant that has been suggested is human hair!
I havenā€™t enough to spare, but the lady who suggested it is going to get some from a hairdresser friend, pity dog hairā€™s no good, we have heaps of that available :slightly_smiling_face:

never heard of that oneā€¦ did you enjoy the cartoon ??

1 Like

Very good Stella, not seen that one :+1:

Get a terrier. Thet are pretty good at keeping rabbits out.

During aperos with French and Belgium friends Sunday the subject of rabbits came up. They have really declined here (rabbits not friends) and we now see them rarely.
Having said that one hopped across the road in front of my car this morning and I nearly drove into the ditch in my excitement ! :rabbit::rabbit2:

2 Likes

We donā€™t see them much, but the ā€˜signsā€™ are on the grass in the garden, and the tops of the beans have disappeared several times.
We have one dog Joā€™ 'sā€™nuff, had Jacks and a Podengo, so I know how efficient terriers are. :slightly_smiling_face:

'Ere 'e is, tonight, ā€˜Little Treasureā€™, ā€˜thinking about ā€˜avinā€™ a go at the tattie tops, would fit beautifully into a frying pan with the tatties anā€™ beans Iā€™m trying to grow :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Some of us throw a little grain/seed out for the birdsā€¦ you take things one step further Billā€¦ you grow veg especially so that the local rabbits will not starve.

Well done Bill ! :hugs:

3 Likes

Ha! Ha! :unamused: Ha!
:slightly_smiling_face: