Update re waspi ............womens pensions fight

After watching BBC Breakfast tv on Friday morning and the news re further changes re the State Pension age (again ) for some people and after writing a letter and sending evidence of my own plight (I am in the worst affected bunch, born in the 1950’s), to the man heading up the independent review body, I have made the discovery that despite the fact that discrimination in the case of pension ages, is not covered by the 2010 Equality Act (very conveniently), WASPI is launching a legal challenge to the changes on the basis of Insufficient notice (less than 10yrs), lack of any notice for a number of people, and a degree of incompetance and unfairness, when working out the incremental changes …
The hope to have crowd- funding up & running for this, this coming week…see link…

Hi Hilary - not sure if you know but there is in fact a France based Waspi Group on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Francewaspi/

Yes, well I know there is a Uk based one, but I don’t use Facebook or Tweet or Twiitter …I have heard some horror stories from friends as well as in the media…
Makes everyone too accessible…too vulnerable to the crooks exploiters of this world with vested interests…
It irritates me that one can’t just email the website…

Woops - you sound just like my Mum Hilary ! :slight_smile: It’s such a shame your suspicions stop you from benefiting from the many positive aspects of social media. It’s just progress, has been around for quite some time now (since 2004 for Facebook) and isn’t going anywhere soon! You’ll always hear horror stories but they are minuscule in number compared to the number of users (1.7 billion on FB) and daily interactions (at least 4.5 billion per day on FB!) .

Using Facebook securely is pretty straightforward and the Waspi French Group is what is known as a ‘Closed Group’ and is only open to verified members - my wife is one and that’s the reason I was trying to bring it to your attention as there are specific concerns affecting overseas based Waspi ladies - non-contributory access to healthcare being one of them. There are now Waspi groups all over Europe - brought together via Facebook - a hugely powerful lobbying tool.

We can always find reasons NOT to do something but taking the plunge (in a secure and considered way!) is so much more productive. Have fun ! :slight_smile:

Thanks for you input and because of the usefulness for the Waspi link, I might consider the matter further…

I have always had a good imagination but I think people are so niave when it comes to what they are handing to people (or hackers), on a plate…".here’s me, here’s my family, here’s my friends (or the one’s that I think are my friends), here’s my business contacts, here are my hobbies, skills & life plans, here’s my house, here’s where we go on holiday …we’re off there for a whole month, next week actually, pity were not in a neighbourhood watch area, never mind ‘Aunty Silv’ will keep an eye on things, she knows that we keep a spare key under the 3rd flowerpot from the left, by the garden gate…"
All the info needed to infiltrate and seriously undermine ones family life, hopes and ambitions…might as well let them bug you house and car and insert one under the skin, while they are at it
In this day and age, where hacking is rife… people do need to think carefully about this…

Absolutely Hilary but…you also need to know how to use social media securely - you need only share the info you feel comfortable sharing. You have the control.

1 Like