Uprating of pensions

… that would be wonderful, for me, at least, if it proves to be the case, but why has no other legal source said the same thing?
Do you suppose they don’t know the facts of the matter? Especially the lawyer who said yes, low income people are being asked to go.
That’s possible, confusion, of course, given that my French is still iffy for discussing anything a tiny bit obscure.
Instructions are similar from everyone.
…Including the prefet, at my first Rdv. I have their document… instructing me to produce my… missing document, . that is German passport. Then to make another rdv.
OK I will ask the lawyer to be sure! She is back from her hols.
Thank you!

Perhaps you are the one causing the confusion with the officials Jeanette. You need to forget the whole British part and concentrate on getting your German passport sorted out. It is as everyone else on SF have tried to tell you over quite a period of time now, if you get your German passport that’s all you will need.

3 Likes

I’ve got all the German docs. already, that anyone can ask for or dream of Debbie! Passport/ certificate of German-ness everything is in order, no problem!
After checking Vero’s link, think I have found the source of confusion! Not entirely me!
Hooray…looks quite promising now…

Vero! I think I’ve got it! Thanks so much for that link! Which connected to this one.
https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F2651
It gives details…and details for every european, who comes to work, in France.

The first prefet rendezvous/meeting looked disastrous, because there was a very aggressive demand for “proof of my work”.

. Immediately the lady said
…“you haven’t brought five tax declarations! Dossier incomplete! Must be refused!”
I thought of offering my German nationality, then.
And imagined the same five tax declarations just as vital.

This link page, points out the precise requirements for European workers. Five tax decs… are not necessary.
Just evidence of ongoing work.

Still…they were all serious legal bods, who told me, at very best,
that French Law did not permit the authorities to remove me, to the border. :smiley:

It’s difficult to find any explanation of what these ‘reciprocal agreements’ actually comprise of.

1 Like

If you are retired your access comes from the S1, guaranteeing that the UK will pay the same amount as for French citizens, ie. 70% of the bill. You have to pick up the rest either through a Mutuelle or your own pocket.
One can only hope that even with the stupidity of the present UK government, that paying 70% is a lot cheaper than having a huge amount of returning pensioners for whom they have to cover 100% of their medical care, unless they have Alzheimers!

Hi Graham,

Often there are bi-lateral agreements between the UK and other countries which focus on all things in relation to ‘Social Security’. The main thrust of these ‘reciprocal arrangements’ is to ensure that the contributions made in respect of social security benefits in one country count towards such things as the old age state pension in the home country. The inflation upgrading of said old age pensions is often included in the fine print. There is such an agreement between the UK and the USA, and that is why the UK old age State Pension is upgraded in line with inflation for those recipients who reside in the USA.

I know you work but, at your age and with dual nationality, aren’t you eligible for a pension from one or both of your countries? If you are doesn’t that provide sufficient income to cover the income requirements for an E.U. citizen who has chosen to live in France?
The truth is that the income requirements for British citizens has only come to light recently, before then it had never been an issue. With your German passport holding persona, an EU citizen from a Schengen country it should never be an issue for you in the future either.
There are people who because of their UK passports, low income and need for a CdS have genuine fears about the shape of Brexit. You are not one of them.

1 Like

How difficult is difficult?

That is actually the irish guidance. Not much difference, but still it is not the english pension scheme.

Some people want it on a plate, perhaps that’s the dinner party analogy.
Two clicks through my link gets to this,
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/state-pensions-annual-increases-if-you-live-abroad/countries-where-we-pay-an-annual-increase-in-the-state-pension#countries-the-uk-has-a-social-security-agreement-with
Surely that is what is needed. Why criticise the help given? Is that how this forum works?

Where’s the criticism, I just flagged that your link was a northern irish one in case poppyfields hadn’t noticed.

No doubt in person you are a bundle of sunny happiness, but sometimes your written comments come across as quite acerbic.

Yes, Martin. You’ve hit one nail on the head.
That the income requirements came to light, only recently

This made a vast difference to me, for my first, aborted, rendezvous. AS A BRIT.
My work and income had never, ever been a problem, before I showed up at that first rendezvous, when the whole tone of it, was aggressive and unfriendly.
I had a lower income than the required amount AND my tax declarations were not as required, AND I’m old, too.
From their pont of view, they were looking at a brit, potential dependent on French taxpayers, if Brit pensions and healthcare were no longer to be supported by UK.
For all other Europeans, with the same failings, old age and apparently fragile businesses, they would be considered with more compassion.

For Europeans who would remain European, there was no reason to demand better security than I offered. I knew I was German, for that interview, but did not realise it would/could make any difference, since until brexit actually happens, Brits are Europeans too. BUT FOR FRANCE, they offer less security, I think that’s true.

I suppose German social services chip in to the social welfare costs, for all of their citizens in Europe. Along with all other EU countries. Anyway…I had no idea of the different reception possible, because I had never had any use for my second nationality, before.

• Applying for a cds, as a German, isn’t really necessary at all*
    All Europeans can live anywhere in Europe, with a few restrictions. No weighty rules and regs will be applied.
1 Like

I had already seen the links you provided, but they only refer to ‘agreements’ without actually specifying how and why they work which is what my original comment in reply to Graham was referring to. And I had already given feedback to gov.co.uk about the lack of explanation. I might appreciate your input if it wasn’t delivered in such an unfriendly condescending way, ie ‘how difficult is difficult, ‘some people want it on a plate’ says he who talks about a friendly welcome. Be assured I am not stupid and I always do some research before posting on such issues thank you very much.

2 Likes

http://www.legislation.govt.nz/regulation/public/1990/0085/latest/DLM137735.html

There was no need for that.

1 Like

I accepted your invitation to the dinner party because of the way that one individual was being given incorrect on another thread. I’ve sat at the table and talked to the other guests. I’ve not enjoyed the experience but it’s been an eye opener to see how little some people understand how to use a basic search engine.
Thanks for the invite but, just like sometimes in real life, I’ve found myself with a group of people that are lightyears away from those whose company I enjoy.
Enjoy your future get togethers.
Martin

Martin? Don’t GO!! :relaxed:

This has nothing to do with uprating of UK pensions.

Sorry for ignorance what is the CDs?