Urgent replacement mobile phone

Does anyone have a recommendation for a mobile phone which is sim free and with a decent camera under 100 euros. Ideally it should be available in stores such as Darty or fnac ‘off the shelf’ today. As with laptops and PC’s it is a confusing market and just as one thinks a workable solution has been found a review is read that skews the whole process.
We live in the countryside where we do have 4G if that is of importance to any recommendations.
I like the look of a couple of Xiaomi phones such as the Redmi 7 and possibly a Motorola.
Thanks.

Moto G6 +G7 still above your price range as is the Redmi 7. I have a G6 which I’m perfectly happy with but if like me you read reviews expect to find something you don’t like with almost anything.

Thanks for the input Chris. I found the Redmi 7 on Boulanger and amazon sites for 84 to 87 euros but the delivery is the problem. About three days minimum if from French supplier and about ten days minimum if from China.
Would be good to be able to buy one today but looking unlikely.

Seems a good price. Expect Darty etc more expensive? If you want it today though…

At that price range there is likely to be a compromise somewhere

What is important to you in terms of functionality - you mentioned “decent camera” which is often trick at the very budget end of the market.

I’d certainly put in a vote for the Moto G series - Darty seems to sell them, but out of your suggested budget.

Try advertising on facebook.
OH managed to get a nearly new (little used) Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo for 85€ - perfect!
We also know of someone local to us who has a phone for sale but it depends on where you are of course! We are in 16260.

Thanks all. We are in 56 so a little far from you Graham.
We need phones with good internet connection and decent cameras as ‘agents commercial immobilier’ but nothing too fancy. Having just had to replace a laptop and car I am hoping to come in under 100 euros. I had never heard of Xiaomi’ until this week when our old neighbour and friend from the south of France stayed with us for a few days. He strongly recommended them and as he is an electronics engineer and tech wizard he knows a lot more than I do.
Anyway, since my post of this morning I have managed to revive my wife’s Samsung Edge so the urgency has dissipated.
That said my Samsung A8 needs replacing as I cracked the screen about six months ago. I was holding out until next month. At that stage I would normally fall for “if you renew with us for another two years you can have this latest phone worth 900 for just 150” (or somesuch) from ‘Orange’. However I think now that I will probably buy an unlocked phone and take it from there. It’s possibly time for a switch to SFR or another on the basis that new customers get the best deals. The only thing holding me back from that is the fact that in my nigh on thirty years of home owning in France I have done that several times before (on various recommendations) and always end up back at ‘Orange’.

I hit a flag. I think it might be associated with blowing raspberries at a post. Sorry…

Phones. If you can stretch to a Motorola I do recommend the G series. They are good in every respect but the clincher for me was the dual SIM card capability. This is sooo useful.

It means you can have for example, a regular contract card in one slot and a PAYG from a different company in the other. Either to get round having a poor signal with #1 card or being in another country with a local card in slot 2.

Big screen. Lots of power and storage. Get the Play version for huge battery life. Only £116 on Amz UK

I will certainly look at the Motorola G series. I have had Motorola’s before whilst living in the USA and was always happy with them. The 100 euro budget was only a guide so all is possible.
Thanks.

I am on my third Xiaomi (second one is somewhere in a marina in Warwickshire ) … good phones, very rapid updates when google issue a newer version of Android and many of them have dual sim - very useful if you have a French and UK sim

I would suggest not going down this route :wink:
https://www.quora.com/I-just-bought-an-iPhone-model-A1533-from-someone-on-the-street-They-said-I-need-a-passcode-after-resetting-it-How-do-I-reset-it

Phew…good job I logged on and read this because I met a bloke this afternoon………