Vacuum cleaner recommendations

We have two shark uprights but I bought a Klarstein wet/dry for the renovations with a 2000w motor and tend to use it all the time now, fantastic suction on it and manoverabillity has never been a problem for us.

[quote=“cat, post:19, topic:34343”]
Has anyone had any experience of Henry’s?
[/quoteI am on my third Henry (20/26 yrs) my husband would even use them at work because it just sucked up anything in it’s path! I think for stair’s it would be cumbersome :thinking:

Pity you aren’t closer. When we closed the UK business and emptied my house, my partner’s house and his deceased mother’s house, we ended up with additional vacuum cleaners, one of which was the excellent Henry we had bought for the office… it’s currently sitting, neglected, amongst a huge pile of boxes of"stuff" :cry: I could have brought it round for you!

1 Like

Now that is a shame! Maybe we need to organise a SF vacuum cleaner despatch relay - with it being passed from member to member - cups of tea and biscuits at every hand over!

(Actually our SF dog arrived like that) And here she is - ten years later after we saw her photo on SF and couldn’t resist offering her a home!

10 Likes

Isn’t she lovely? Not surprised you couldn’t resist her!

As soon as people start travelling a bit there is sure to be someone heading your way :thinking:

1 Like

Mondial Relai ect aren’t too bad for sending!

Regarding Henry’s
The old ones had big powerful motors 1700 w springs to mind and the spares were easy to obtain but now the twats at the EU have interfered again all the current models are low power 600-800 w but dont quote me its been a while so buy an old one! Spare parts still available.
They do not however have brush bars they are just powerful vacuums so pet hair etc not so good as the pile on carpets is not agitated to release dirt in the same way. Still the old ones are very good I have 2 henrys and a shark.

We bought 2 Henry’s (one for downstairs & one for upstairs) after going through numerous cheaper makes.

We choose henry’s after noticing that many tradesmen use them.

My wife finds the Henry’s really good.

In addition to the Henry, we have a couple of Premier Products machines - extensively used for commercial premises but I’m pretty sure they aren’t available here…

Edited - (Looks like they only do chemicals these days… sigh…)

Many commercial cleaning companies also. The operators like them because if they had to use an upright for example their arms would drop off after 8 hours of cleaning. That seldom applies to domestic cleaning.
I borrowed a customers upright dyson to vacuum 2m2 of hallway carpet after I had fitted new door locks, I had used a dust sheet for most of the wood dust this was just the final clean. I and the customer were gobsmaked at how much dirt etc the dyson drew out of the carpet because of the rotating brush. So if you have carpets a rotating brush is good (anti hair wrap) if you have hard floors Henrys are excellent.

You can get the turbo rotating brush head for all Henry’s.

https://www.yourspares.co.uk/parts/ys748083/numatic-vacuum-cleaner-easy-ride-turbine-floor-tool-brush-32mm-red-UFIXT69NM14.aspx

Yes I have one, helps but is not as good as motor driven brush.

The ‘twats’ at the EU realise that 2kw vacuum cleaners are complete overkill and dreamed up by marketing people rather than engineers.

1 Like

Whilst I applaud good engineering that shows massive improvements in reducing energy consumption, that applies to the Dyson, Sharks etc if you take an existing machine and simply half the power it is then trading on its past glory. The old Henrys were very good new ones for the reason stated are not.

Take the interference with paint, yes you make low VOC’s water based paint but you need more coats and more frequent re-coats to maintain the look and protection add in the extra miles etc etc is it really better than the oil based?

I have successfully reduced the energy required to run a swimming pool by 90% through good design and engineering. The energy survey for a Property doesnt even take into account the wasted energy for the pool and it is in most casses the more expensive to run domestic appliance on the property.

I have a shark cordless, and it has always dealt absolutely fine with the hair shed from my two cats. However recently I treated myself to a robot Roomba – best investment I ever made, as I sit here drinking my coffee it’s busily working and keeps the place absolutely spotless. The biggest advantage is that it small enough to crawl under most of the cupboards.

Hi Janet, how often does it need to be emptied and does it actually get into corners?
Thanks
Izzy x

My vacuum cleaner is getting quite old now and keeps breaking down. Its also started answering back when I say its missed a bit, sometimes it even tells me where the pipe is going to go.

Was thinking about one of these, but reckon it could be expensive in the long run…

Must resist commenting
Must resist commenting
Must resist commenting

1 Like

Depends on the suction I suppose ?

Not bad apparently…