VAT/TVA Refund

I have had a part sent from a company in the UK and it was sent VAT free which is correct and I paid the TVA here when it arrived all the right procedures. However the part was faulty and the supplier has agreed to send a replacement for which I will have to pay for as above and they will issue a credit when the faulty item is received by them. The issue I have is how do I claim back the TVA from the French authorities for an item I no longer have ?

Like this maybe?

I think that just applies to TVA-registered companies.

Yes I think it does. I foresee the problem is proving the item has been sent back. Any ideas ?

I know it applies ro companies, but it could be worth trying the same approach via your messagerie in your espace particuliar. With perhaps proof of posting and copy of customs forms.