Very cold but beautiful this morning!

Nice pics, Rachael. We took Herself's brother and his lady friend to Montdauphin this afternoon and took some great southern Alps photos which once Herself has downloaded them I can duly produce. Now pintade is oven-ready and roasted taties will be following. Apéro en cours. Bring em on !

The passion fruit is rock hard, could be used for golf balls.![](upload://d1g7S2oiYr76DRtenjeefZcEs0T.jpg)

Minus 10 this morning, but a beautiful day. ![](upload://w4Ocr8jBmO6sqdx1Zn8f7y2ZYIU.jpg)

I took a couple of lovely photos of my three rescued miniature Shetland ponies...their backs covered in frost again this morning...even though they have cozy warm stables to shelter in.These little creatures only come up to my hip...they're so gentle and sweet natured...I'd love to share the pics with you...but I can't see how???

Peter...*wags warning finger*..can't be having that sort of loose talk...

Minus 6 this morning but that's warmer than yesterday (minus 10) when, despite non-stop sunshine the temperature didn't get above freezing all day. Minus 16 is the lowest we've recorded in the 18 years we've been here. But it's better than plus 2 and rain.

This area has a relatively low terrain of about 150M above sea-level so up to -10/-12 can be the norm but -20 only comes around here once or twice in a century.

Listen to your better half and find a way to add a flue.

Once had minus 25 in Savoy, it was 1982 I think...and only heating in the main room, my bed had about 20 covers on it plus a French Army greatcoat :)

Yep I know Peter, unfortunately all the chimneys here are occupied by the central heating flue and the cooker extraction flue... I keep getting nudged by Herself to dream up a back extension to put a woodburner in, but that means knocking structural walls and lots of moving stuff about... can't bear the thought... :)

Sounds nippy Ian, so glad I invested in the woodburner last summer ! The central heating is brill but the REAL heat from the woodburner is a different class !

I'm trying to recall the year but I think it was 1987/88 or maybe the winter before, when temperatures in the east Charente dipped to -20°. We had about ten days of such weather - that old Godin never worked so hard !

Missus has gone out snowshoeing with daughter number 1 who is off to Bordeaux tomorrow for New Year's Eve! Might have a photo later

Minus 7 this morning here at 1000m in the Hautes-Alpes ; up at the ski resort at 1600 at Puy St Vincent it was minus 15.

It was minus 7 yesterday in our part of the Gers. I saw that over in the North East, (eg Strasbourg) it was about minus 14. It is again minus 7 today here. In Feb 2011 I recorded minus 16!! Haven't taken a photo yet, sorry.

Can't suss out photos etc, too clever for a country bumpkin like me but it was -7° yesterday morning and +5° this morning, weird weather.