Very French

I took my daughter out earlier. As we were passing the shop I stopped to talk to someone I knew. The shopkeeper came out and said hello too so I said hello back. As we were driving off my daughter said 'That was very French'. I was delighted as normally she makes fun of my French. She speaks it perfectly and I get it wrong or my accent is dodgy. I was so pleased. I smiled and thanked her. Then she said 'Yeah, stopping in the middle of the road like that and chatting, very French'. Deflated....

They are not the only ones in my case, but they see me on the way in and have the junk ready in the winking of an eye! Sad as well.

the only shopkeepers that know me by name, work in the pharmacy. Sad or what........

Nope, know them all. Parents from school, etc... No sneaky anything. Done my time there!

yep. Getting one over on Mum and Dad...........result!!

I'm sure you're daughter meant well. lol. Congrats on getting discount on wine. Must try kissing strange people in shops......

I'm enjoying that one too. Mind you, given the number of bises in Bergerac shopping this afternoon that were beginning to embarrass her ("Daddy, do you only know women?") and then the negotiation for a bottle of expensive bottle of wine for OH's present (for her) for which I got the reduction as French friends do for the first time ever (a score, at last!). Then she said, "Daddy, I think your French is getting worse instead of better" in her perfect, flawless French.

Loved it. Still chuckling....... Thanks for sharing that Kerry.