Video chat

Can anybody recommend a free app to video chat between iPad and Android phone, please?

Hi Lily

We use zoom, but it is on a laptop.

If you can use it on a phone can really recommend it

Andy

1 Like

Zoom works just fine.

2 Likes

Another vote for Zoom.

1 Like

Google Duo is also an option

1 Like

Signal works quite well.

2 Likes

Teams is about the same as Zoom

2 Likes

Thank you all. I have never heard of Zoom I shall investigate later, busy day!
Just remembered, Zoom was used a lot during last year political do da’s :thinking:

It is useful…and the basic Zoom account, which is free, allows you to set up meetings that can only last 40 minutes……which I find wonderful as gives the great excuse to sign off! More than 40mins on a video call is just too much!!

2 Likes

For one on one Telegram is also very good. I use Zoom for group chats and teaching.

2 Likes

Zoom says you’re limited to 40 mins, but you can go on as long as you like if it’s just two of you. We use that a lot, and of course Skype.

Facebook video messenger is good, as long as you don’t mind Facebook.

2 Likes

I use Zoom and Teams for my business . Generally good quality all round.

I do mind Facebook, but thanks anyway.

That’s good to know :+1:

1 Like

When my son’s girlfriend was still in China they Skyped for hours on days off…

I think their personal record was almost 12 hours :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve used all of these suggestions and also WhatsApp. FaceTime is very simple and you don’t need to book a time. I think there are a couple of others which are for PCs but I’m more familiar with Apple. Good luck!

I have always had better quality calls with Signal.

I use whatsapp :grinning:

WhatsApp works great for me, one to one and group chats

Our family uses Google Meet - MIL and SIL have iPad/iOS devices, we use a Macbook, and BIL uses WindowsPC - barring poor network connection, it has all worked pretty well over the past year and a half.
On occasion, we’ve had up to 10 people from 3 continents in the video chat.