Visa de Sejour

(Mary Colburn-Green) #1

We are dual citizens (US/Canadian) and want to stay in our house in the Aude longer than 3 months at a time. Does anyone know how long we can stay if we secure a Visa de Sejour? We plan to apply when we get back to Canada. Thanks for your help.

(Mary Colburn-Green) #2

Thanks very much for your help. We will definitely get started.

(Jennifer Hagan) #3

If you should have the correct amount of revenue, you should be able to get a carte de sejour quite easily. You have to go to the local Prefecture and start the paperwork. You can get it for a year or more. It really depends. You have to ask at the Prefecture. Keep in mind that it takes time and there is an enormous amount of bureaucracy.