Vive Les Soldes

In anticipation of the UK VAT rate going up to 20% I did my sales shopping in the UK before New Year however I went back on to the sites of some of my favourite UK stores (see www.UK4Me.co.uk) e.g. Debenhams, The White Company & found some amazing bargains up to 70% off. I've bought most of my birthday presents for 2011 already & am now awaiting a deluge of parcels from my friendly post lady.

I did treat my husband to a saturday sales shopping trip in Beziers at the new shopping centre where I got 40% off on Catimini for the girls (I just love it). He was less enthusiastic & muttered about needing to work another week away to pay for it :) Still I don't get out of the village much so I enjoyed my day out & we enjoyed a nice lunch out so he wasn't too put out.

I'd better put the credit card away now before I get into trouble & as its that time of year when I have to do all the accounting no doubt that will put the brakes on my spending...well at least until February that is...after all we all want to support the failing economy don't we!