Votre déclaration... comporte des incohérences.. 😱

There’s a thing to do with marrow apparently called amourettes you can get at the charcutier tripier but oi be bert a simple old wench from the côte d’azur and it has as yet never crossed my path. Ate the usual sort fried in slices with local persillade in Syria, jolly good if a bit like the inside of a golf-ball to look at.

Are we talking bone-marrow… ?? Love sucking that out of the bones… brings out the demon in me… :upside_down_face:

Marrow on toast, too good. My parents have some excellent ancient marrow spoons.

I love the jelly that separates from the pan juices after roasting a lovely piece of beef… let it chill, then spread on hot toast… mmmmm… dripping is great, but jelly is a whole new ball game…

Is this the right time to declare that I’m vegetarian…:zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

No problem Chris… you could always give us your verdict of the school meals…:relaxed:

Have to admit this discussion is making me heave a little…lol…My Border Collies Love bone marrow and have eaten just about every body part raw…but me I have to admit I’m a wuss when it comes to meat…My Scottish Gran was able to cook all sorts when in service to a rich family in the midlands but at home she was vegetarian…I remember a visit to a hall when we were little…hunting trophies on the walls and maggots dripping from carcasses in an outhouse…I guess it stayed with me…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t know what happened Stella, I posted a heartfelt MMMMmmMmMmMmMmMMMMMMMM because, well, roast juice…
and it disappeared

I think the Forum Genie is a vegetarian and we’re getting him just a little wobbly…:slight_smile: our meaty posts will probably self-destruct in a little while…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I’m with you there Helen. There’s a place for all these things and it’s called a Dogs Bowl :nauseated_face::wink:

2 Likes

Prolongs Active Life… lovely

1 Like

:heart:HAGGIS :heart:
Best use of lights etc yet devised.

Och aye the noo :no_mouth:

1 Like

Funny you get a :heart: 2 different versions but not lungs or kidneys or stomach oh you get :egg:might look a bit like an amourette and an :eye:

She could cook haggis perfectly but just couldn’t eat it…lol…at her humble home outdoor steps scrubbed daily her stovies and fluffy dumplings and bubble and squeak and porridge were to die for…bless her heart…loved that lady sooooo much…:heart:

1 Like

Lang mae yer lumb reek…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

Stovies! I looooove stovies :blush:

2 Likes

Me too…hers never contained meat…(for us)…flakes of delicate almost charred onion on the outside of fluffy potatoes…perfectly executed blends of her culinary knowhow from her childhood of making do brought to the midlands by being forced into service at the age of 14…one of her sisters was even younger…in fact most of the girls came to the midlands and into service at a young age…,…put on a train…none of them ever saw their parents again…I’ve never been able to cook/recreate the perfect stovie of my childhood memories…

1 Like

Apologies that this memory is about a meat product… but… I have never tasted sausages like those of my childhood. Dad would put a tray of sausages in the bottom of the oven… and let them cook…(while he got on with whatever)… until they were toasty brown all over but still succulent inside, with crusty bits where the meat had popped out of the ends of the casing…

Delicious when wrapped in a slice of bread and handed over to hungry youngsters… mmmmmm :relaxed::hugs::yum:

1 Like

Toad in the hole, now there is a totally (toadally) fabulous slab of stodge-centred crust-edged golden gorgeousness.

Also very good cold for breakfast rather like any roast/ fried thing or even kebab, oh devilled kidneys for breakfast my mouth is watering just at the thought.

2 Likes