Votre déclaration... comporte des incohérences.. 😱

Don’t apologise Stella…when I talk about my vegetarian Scottish Gran on my mom’s side there’s also my cockney grandparents on my dads side and a tray of gloriously burnt crispy sausage sarnies was a staple and even better toad in the hole where the Yorkshire part was always my personal favourite…as kids we would get in trouble for not wanting to eat the chunks of stewing steak tough as old boots in my moms carefully prepared stews and casseroles and I have to say that I passed on my hatred of Brussels sprouts to all 3 of my kids…x :slight_smile:

There can be no place for sproutism on SFN :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I adore sprouts and have passed on that adoration to my children one of whom, as a tiny creature, suggested that bowls of them might make lovely party food for her upcoming birthday party.

2 Likes

Actually now I think about it there isn’t much I don’t like eating, ingredient-wise.

I remember once when my two girls were approaching 4 and 2 and my son was 5 years away…telling my girls that I wouldn’t tolerate the word “hate” in the house…”but we HATE Brussels sprouts” said my eldest 4 year old speaking for my 2 year old too…and both having hidden the sprouts under mashed spuds…I blame my self…:slight_smile:

Used to love a toasted sausage sandwich with brown sauce. Mmm…I could almost eat one right now🍴

Now… if you’ve really nothing better to do today… we could turn to the subject of “brown sauce”… and which one is best… :thinking::upside_down_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

For me, it has to be Branston Rich & Fruity. HP is a bit fierce. :yum::yum:

1 Like

HP is a very nice condiment with tartiflette, judiciously applied.

2 Likes

Does Worcestershire Sauce count? Or does it have to be one of those other ones, I know them only from army breakfast with my cadets when I think I’d have eaten anything after yomping all over Dartmoor.

2 Likes

Aha… you know Dartmoor… wonderful place… (well, it was in my day)

1 Like

We could turn the conversation to pickles…

Heinz Piccalilli … the “old” formula, none of this modern wimpish nonsense… “mustard pickle” it was delicious.

Lovely stuff. Used to be able to get it in Leclerc but not found it recently. Will have to go searching elsewhere.

Trouble is the Recipe was changed many years ago… ugh… they changed it without consulting me !!! :rage::rage:

I think Amora make piccalilli.

1 Like

I made a right piccalilli of my on-line Déclaration. But it was very nicely reconstituted in a palatable and wholesome form by the agent at Finances Publiques. Apparently the ingredients were OK but I overloaded the pot rather.

The kind lady gave me two specimen recipe sheets to use next year, with all the measurements clearly filled in.

2 Likes

at the beginning the topic was about french taxes, and then we talk about sausages ?

It’s called conversation…

There is a strange convention on SFN, as I’ve observed over the last two years. It has something in common with the very sophisticated BBC confection, “Mornington Crescent”, the rules of which are arcane and, to the uninitiated, completely opaque.

The convention (only one amongst many) is that threads on French impôts must, at some point, digress in favour of plats animaux divers, of which tripes are in the fourth rank, and saucisses are in the lower second rank, always taking account of the quarters of the moon. Similar esoteric equations (topic-disruption) follow on from mention of crepes, where the thread trends often and at length towards contemporary French satirists. These vagaries do sometimes confuse new members.

But Stella @Stella is a trusted guide, as ever, and can clear up any confusion quickly and cheerfully, and in both languages. I think.

1 Like

@Maxime

It may seem obscure, but there is a somewhat tenuous link… :thinking:

Taxes are the result of general information, facts and figures…(the “recipe”/mix depending on the individual)… put that lot together… and the result will please some folk and not please others.

Sausages are made up of all sorts of meat, generally pork or beef, plus bits… (the recipe/ mix depending on the individual)… put that lot together… and the result will please some and not others.

:wink::wink::wink:

It’s quite clear to me that Taxes and Sausages are in the same league…:open_mouth:

Dare I suggest that both need careful cooking… :zipper_mouth_face::roll_eyes::grin::grin:

2 Likes