Want to use the dechetterie? - don't forget your card!

Sitcom run our déchetterie too. No barrier and the card is rarely needed, though we have had cards for nearly a decade. No limit to the number of visits. A replacement card was foc from the Mairie when I lost mine.

Slightly off topic but there is a debate about the correct way to spell déchetterie… some claim only one ‘t’ should be used. My iPad says two!

Regardless of how “we” (including me) spell it from time to time … the correct spelling is with 2 t’s.

http://www.grandavignon.fr/vivre-au-quotidien/environnement-dechets/decheteries/dechets-recus-en-decheterie/dechetterie-ou-decheterie/

L’Académie française apparently has a different opinion and still prefers déchèterie.

Thomas… as a forum member… you should know by now that we tell you nothing but the truth… :zipper_mouth_face::grinning:

The word “Déchetterie” (note the spelling and acute accent), “born” in 1987, is a licensed trademark.

In order to preserve the word describing a recycling plant (sort of thing)… the Academy Francaise came up with the word “Déchèterie” (note the spelling and the acute and grave accents)… which can be freely used… by all and sundry…

In reality… no one worries about the spelling…

the TT is prevalent around here as we have 2 of them (both with double t’s)

2 Likes

In Sainte Maxime (83) There is no card but you have to show you are a local residential tax payer. However there is a weigh bridge for your car and the before and after (in my case Garden waste) is calculated in your “file” Looking at the display I manage about 40k per trip.
I assume that there is a free limit per year. However as it has never cropped up I have no idea what that limit is.
In Luxembourg there is a card entry system that has just been put in place and it works well.

That’s interesting news, Graham… they weigh but do not (apparently) charge.

It could be that the charges are put to the appropriate Commune, which will then (possibly) seek to reclaim from its citizens … through the annual percentage of the House Taxes…

and/or they are noting who drops off what… in readiness for individual charging…

There is talk of something like that coming to our region. They intend to shock the life out of each of us… saying what we would have paid… if they had have charged… and then encourage us to reduce our refuse rubbish/gardenwaste/whatever…if we want to pay less… :thinking::zipper_mouth_face:

Be interesting to hear how your lot proceed.

They have been weighing everyone for as long as I can remember. However as they say knowledge is power and with all the data they have collected over the years it would be easy to model a charging system.
We will see.