Wanted - furniture collection

Very correct!! Online it will give tell you if it is possible for home delivery, if it is in stock at your nearest store or for delivery to and collection from your nearest store. I hope that you are not suggesting that my deliveries from the site are a figment of my imagination. I have just looked on line and it is correct

Not a question of belief have done it more than once. Can’t comment on problems you had but we have had none.

Hi and thanks for suggestion, however, the item I am buying is not in stock at Nantes nor Tours and has only just been restocked in Bordeaux.

You implied that if you ordered online you could get things delivered and that your local store was irrelevant because the goods came from “a warehouse”. To quote:

And this is not the case. Only if it is in stock in your local delivery zone will you get it.

2 Likes

Spot on, Jane!

and now the item I want is not available to order at Bordeaux (although website says there are 2 in stock!) :roll_eyes: so am close to giving up on Ikea and looking for something else closer to home.
Bon dimanche.

1 Like

We have used But for furniture as we have had a few problems with IKEA lately and it has got to the point I refuse to pay their exorbitant delivery costs, the furniture we have got from But has been good quality and good value.

Thanks. Yes, have used them too and just checked their opening times for tomorrow :grinning:

Fact, we live just over 100km from the nearest Ikea and are out of the stores delivery zone. Fact, the store will deliver to a pick up point in a town some 40km from us. Fact, our orders came from one of their distribution warehouses. But I am a mere man and should know better than to disagree with women. I retire humbly

VoilĂ 

and

I say this as someone who has just paid ÂŁ15 to IKEA in the UK for a very small package worth ÂŁ28 to be delivered 6 miles from store. Used to be ÂŁ6. It was my local store, but no other in the country was delivering the item. Even though 2 or 3 others had it in stock.

In France I haven’t even been able to contemplate delivery since the delivery price for the few small cheap items I need became 40 euros. First delivery stopped during Covid. Then since it came back it’s only for certain items in each store and delivery price has got ridiculous.

Luckily when I just looked on the UK site up popped a survey including this very matter which I have duly filled in.

Call me a fool but
 Est-ce que IKEA livre partout en France ?

AprĂšs l’Ile de France , la livraison IKEA est dĂ©sormais disponible dans toute la France durant le confinement. 
 Nous avons mis en place toutes les mesures pour vous livrer en toute sĂ©curitĂ© et sans contact, partout en France » I really must stop rising to the bait. Promise

Yes you really must. You’re disregarding clear screenshots :slight_smile: .

I’m sure you’ve lived in France long enough to know that an overall concept such as opening hours of public services and offerings of major suoermarket chains are often stated generically but will differ in the actual provision of what’s stated, by region or locally. Ikea is also making it the case in the UK as my screenshot shows

1 Like

Somewhere in the small print will be qualifiers. Yes they will deliver to all of France, but not to all addresses as some people live up (eg) dirt tracks, and not all their products.

The pillows I wanted were not available for delivery
scroll through the website and you will find quite a few products like that.

My first time having items delivered by Ikea has really pi$$ed me off :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
We ordered some furniture from the Bordeaux store (not online) and agreed delivery 18/02. Received an email 17/02 to say 'because of the situation they could not deliver" When we finally managed to speak to a human, they could only say “out of stock” and chose another delivery date, but could not say when items would next be in stock, or we could pop into the store (1.5 hrs away) and get a refund, it cannot be done online because my cc needed to be scanned, Gawd! It took me months of looking and deciding what to buy and I’m back at square one!
Sorry for the rant, like to say it made me feel better, but no!