WANTED: Language Learning Volunteers (Free Service)

Hi Simon,
I tried it and the new approach of adding picture to words seemed novel and to work for me.
The words were a bit basic and in isolation, by the time I got towards the more interesting stuff I was swamped at work and will be for the forseeable future so I haven’t been back.

Seems like a good system but I only scratched the surface and it wasn’t at the depth I wanted - think I’ll be back to the Bescherelle.

1 Like

Hi Andy
My partner and I have recently moved to France (been here one month). I have some schoolgirls French and my partner even less.
We would be very interested to take part in your course as we are wanting to speak the language as quickly as possible. .we are renovating and old farmhouse and we need to be able to converse with the famed who is currently renting our land as well as the Mairie and the authorities when applying for planning permission etc …:slightly_smiling_face:

Sue Holden

Yes we would love to give it a try.
Email me on suewantling@sky.com
Thanks

you will find in a few months after arriving your 5 year old will be helping you :slight_smile:

I would like to sign up please

Hi David/Sue,

Thanks for your interest.

There is now a 2018 thread open so please refer to that for the latest information.

However, for info, you can now go straight to http://ken.mba to sign-up.

Many thanks, Andrew

Hi Andrew
Definitely interested in trying your new learning method - have tried a few various options from apps to CD’s and so far they haven’t been enough to get me enthused to continue.
Look forward to hearing from you and further details.
Trish

Hi Trish

Thanks for your interest.

In order to sign-up you can go straight to http://ken.mba where there is more information and the registration form.

If you experience any difficulties or have any questions you are welcome to email the team on support@ken.mba.

Many thanks, Andrew

Thanks so much Andres, I have registered on the website and will give this a trial run. Thanks for the opportunity,

Trish

I’ll say it again - I smell a rat…

3 Likes

Bonjour Andrew,
I am not a beginner more A1 A2 i do not practice much actually speaking; i understand quite a bit and can reply somewhat; but still need help

I need all the help I can get! I’m a beginner…
Kind regards,
Emma Smith

Persistent - I’ll give them that!!

1 Like

The lure of something for nothing eh?!?!

2 Likes

Hi Branden / Emma

Thanks for your interest in learning.

On the site you’ll find a variety of reading, writing, listening and speaking lessons in the Vocabulary, Conjugations and Games sections designed to help you to develop your language skills.

You can go straight to http://ken.mba where there is more information and a link to register.

If you experience any difficulties or have any questions you are welcome to email the team on support@ken.mba.

Many thanks, Andrew

So what results have you all seen? How have you all progressed? A couple of quotes from the site, that I think you’ll find very interesting.

"At ken.mba we never stop looking for ways to improve our language tools. " start by proofreading your website!! See below:

“Memorable - Another principal for how the your learn is that content must be memorable in order to be remembered effectively. Our delivery of rich content provides the best opportunity to learn store words in your memory for the first time with sufficient cues and reminders in order to make it as memorable as possible.”

"We have an entire system dedicated to quality control all of our content is reviewed, audited and monitored by qualified moderators (our language heros!) before it is presented to you. "

Is it though?

Hi Simon,

I appreciate these days its difficult not be suspicious when someone offers something for nothing.

To be fair, we do benefit when people join us because it helps us to determine how well our learning tools perform in the real world. We can see what users like, what they don’t like, what they find too easy, too difficult, and where our tools need to be fine tuned, etc, etc. All this helps us to improve and provide a better service.

We’re committed to helping people learn and are gradually bringing our tools and languages to fruition for people to use. We have many new and interesting tools and techniques in the pipeline we will be announcing in due course.

The other side of ken is our charity which has a slightly larger agenda of life-long learning across many disciplines (http://www.learnforyourlife.org). Through our charity we support a wider range of organisations and activities not just languages and Ken.

If you would like to find out more about what we do then you are welcome to send me a msg and we can discuss further.

Sincerely, Andrew

PS, thank you as always to SurviveFrance.

Emmmmm - no thanks Andy - my language skills are just fine ta :slightly_smiling_face:

Charity ? That’s new…