Washing machine error code

I have a problem with my washing machine!
Error code comes on just before the spin cycle.
Looks as if a new part is needed. My OH will be able to fit it, but I cannot find a supplier of part’s in France! Can anybody please point me in the right direction?

Have you looked in the filter?

1 Like

If you know the part number, then you can search for that on Amazon (or Google in general).

1 Like

@Lily
Without knowing the make, model and year I don’t thibk anyone xan say much more than “try searching the internet”.

FYI, I have found and purchased parts to fit a one-off Falcon range cooker, Miele washing machine, Dyson vacuum cleaner, Kindle, Ariston fridge-freezer and Cambridge Audio CD player. All within the current EU, i.e. not the UK. I could, and still can, use UK companies. I wanted to try the EU countries and save the UK as a last resort - a sort of post-Brexit comforting.
I also do the same with all vehicles service and repair parts.

2 Likes

Thank you for your advice,so far :hugs:
The machine is a Hotpoint WF860, Over ten years old and this is the first problem! I would prefer to get it repaired (not a fan of the ‘throw away’ attitude) but I don’t want to throw away good money after bad :thinking:
Magwych, Can you recommend a reputable seller?

They should all be legitimate businesses :wink:
I have used buyspares.fr before.
This one looks promising
hotpoint-piecesdetachees.fr/pièce_détachée/Hotpoint
I typedvthis into Google search:
Hotpoint pieces detachees

One thing that I have noted is that “livree en 24h” does not necessarily mean that you will have it next day. In long form it seems to mean “when we get around to processing your order and receive any missing stock, we will get around to sending it. When we do, it will be on a 24h service” :laughing:

1 Like

I bought something for my washing machine from espares…good service & not expensive

1 Like

Thanks Bob, unfortunately they don’t have what I need :frowning:

Try www.ransomspares.co.uk They have a pretty wide ranging stock and may be able to help you.

1 Like

Thank you Robert, unfortunately my model is not listed!

Any success?
If not there’s “yourspares.co.uk

1 Like

Lily, silly question, have you tried Hotpoint France’s own “pièces détachées” website?

1 Like

I can find the WF860 models on the site Robert supplied.
I’m all for repairs rather than replacement, the majority of the time it is the labour costs that make it prohibitively expensive. Especially if you factor in chasing the part down. What part do you actually need ?

Thank you all for your help :hugs:
I have come to the conclusion, that my WM is too old now and spare parts unavailable!
After many scraped knuckles and much swearing :angry: our new washing machine arrives next week :grin:

1 Like

We bought a new one a couple of months ago and it has an autodose feature; I swear I am using about 75% less detergent! Hope you enjoy your new machine too!

1 Like

Hi the problem described sound typical of water in the drum which prevents the spin cycle from occuring, can be numerous things ranging from blocked hose to pressure switch, drain pump not getting of the water (blocked or failing), can be checked usual from front of machine and removing filter access ( water likely to come out if symptoms are correct. Hope this helps, if not suggest website etc as advised in this post by others

1 Like