? Wasps Swarming

Hi,

The ? concerns whether they are wasps or bees or something else. The wall of our barn is next to the pool & earlier there was a loud buzzing & they were swarming where the stones have been removed prior to fittind the pillars for a gate for the gates down to the courtyard.

I want them gone & would appreciate some advice about whether I need a professional to do this. I am allergic to stings of any kind-mozzies, nettles & probably these what nots. Have read some of the threads on SFN & Waspinators, pompiers & professionals. I think the Waspinators need to be used prior to the nest being built & suspect they are now they are maybe inside the barn wall.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Roger

The wasp pic seems to have disappeared so here it is again.

Checked that area of the barn wall where they are & there were only 4 or 5 flying about. I've done some comparisons on the net & ours seems to be quite furry at the front so perhaps a bee. I need to climb up to the first floor of our barn to see if there's a nest there, or might they build it inside the wall I wonder?

Hi,

Thought I'd post an update. Managed to find a beekeeper some distance away who came with a home-made bee hoover. He said there was an old nest inside the walls & bees have a sense of smell 3000 times greater than dogs so a splinter group with their queen had found a home from home!

He managed to hoover the queen up & advised us get the pillers & gate done. So a good outcome. Managed to find a local french beekeeper who would not touch them inside a wall & suggested sort of 'enjoy'. However, next to the pool that was not OK.

He is in St Estephe (24) & we had to pay for his time, of course, he also removes wasp & hornet nests. If anyone wants his details please pm me.

Roger