We need your help!

James and I are thinking about the new SF logo and we thought, who better to ask than our lovely members!

Please have a think and tell us about the things that say 'France' to you.

Is it an iconic object? A view? Something to eat? Drink?

All input welcome and very much appreciated - thanks!

Sorry, as I’m new this discussion is probably dead, but anyway… My first thought was ANYTHING except the Eiffel Tower! And then I thought, well, the Eiffel Tower being 'conquered by am intrepid ex-pat resolutely planting a flag or something on top could be quite cute, but maybe a bit too Paris-based. The Eiffel Tower will always be both iconic and clichéd anyway, so you could just go with the flow…

I’d somehow missed these, I think they are great, thanks for your time Neil, much appreciated.

James

Hello

I’m no logo designer so in awe of the graphics put forward so far.

Also not sure if this discussion is even still open - but we’'ve only just caught up with it down here …
In our FRAdventure we rather feel that being-at-one with France is what we’re about - not “Do or Die”.
One ‘logo’ thought was the Eiffel tower and Big Ben hand-in-hand … maybe a ‘@survivefrance’ inbetween.

Call me a softy.
It’s all true :slight_smile:

Annette
x

Couple of more ideas, this time a bit warmer in tone. The figure could be a lady or there could be a range of figures applied to different sections of the site.

Thanks Tanya
Really like that idea - so far the faves are sand, (Robinson Crusoe), lifebelts and your parachute!

Hi Catharine,

How about a logo featuring parachutist dropping in. The tri-colour parachute could have a band through the middle bearing the name, ‘Survive France’, and the parachutist could have a pennant (is that the correct word?) fluttering from his foot with the Union flag on it. You could maybe also draw the outline of the country in a fine, black line in a slightly abstract way to finish it off.

Here’s a sample image, though I was thinking of a curved parachute for yours:

I like SF1 best too!

Thank you all for your comments so far, there’s a discussion going on over on the Facebook page too.

Thanks Neil, I like the life belt idea in sf1, simple but effective.

Kind regards

James

I like the sf3 image.

That’s so kind Neil, really appreciated.

I esp like the lifebelt…hmmm

Thanks again C x

Three ideas whilst watching a pretty dreary F1 GP this afternoon.

Good luck with the new logo design, I know how long it takes to get something down! I’ll look forward to seeing what you come up with. “Survive France”, quite a hard one to “iconize”…