We now have chickens

I guess we need to just look after the silkies and get some Sussexes to do the work of two men (chickens).

2 Likes

I love Sussexes. Mabel mine was one of my first 3 hens. Sadly a fox got her. We bought 2 silkies to be mama hens and they were fab, 2 or 3 sits a year while I did my breeding of a range of breeds to get easter egg coloured eggs.

1 Like

Is there a general rule for the amount of space needed per chicken.

There is, but the chickens have no concept of social distancing, and ignore it. I’ve given up trying to get it into their pretty little heads. :upside_down_face:

They just give me that dotty one-eyeball stare.

1 Like

You need to be on “Would I Lie To You” my new favorite tv show!

2 Likes

Do the sort of people on that programme know anything about keeping chickens?

A question for the informed…
When does « poulet » become volaille and why is a pintade a volaille? What else is determined as volaille?

I’ve noticed “volaille” on packets where the “whatever”… contains a mixture of birds… (or more than one variety)

eg chicken/guinea fowl/turkey

2 Likes

Collectif name as for fowl

3 Likes

Not just a fowl answer, but a poultry one :wink:

2 Likes

Oui ma poule

1 Like

Was that just a flight of fancy or were you just trying to egg him on.

2 Likes

No, sorry; it was a pleasanterie. I was thinking about sort of unusual life experiences that the comedic teams spar about. I meant it for the best. But, for what it’s worth, I will be attentive to any questions about chicken raising that you might have and will do my best in case I have anything to offer. Cheers. :sweat_smile:

:joy: Whatever, Wozza winged it. Cluck.

1 Like

he could have gone further but chickened out :slightly_smiling_face: :chicken:

2 Likes

Don’t brood on it, Graham. It was only a yolk.

2 Likes

it’s all goble de gook to me :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

He’s just being a bit cocky, thank God I’m not in a fowl mood! :chicken:

1 Like

That’s ‘cos you’ ve got grit in yo’ gizzard Woz, and now I’m done scratching around on this patch… it was fun while it lasted! :hugs:

1 Like