Welcome to Survive France

Hi Jan… I hadn’t noticed that this site is all in French… :wink: I must be even more integrated than a realised…:grin:

Hi Jan, I’ve sent you a reactivation email for your real account, once you’ve logged back in with that I can delete this one for you. The interface language can be changed in your preferences. Thanks! Bon weekend

Thankyou James, have looked for preferences can’t seem to find it.

Click on your avatar and then the cog. The language can be changed by clicking on Interface.

1 Like

Finally found it, changed it and everything is still in french :frowning:

Tried again but to no avail, am going to make dinner…

Change it but then refresh the page. It should work after that…

1 Like

Ha ha Chris… a refreshing change… eh…:laughing: (sorry, must be something in my tea)

2 Likes

Does your Marie organise an ‘association day’? they are normally at the start of the school year - in about two months time. it’s basically an opp for all the local assoiations to do a recruitment drive and publicise themselves. Last year i came across a wonderful local organsation called planete ecole who collect books, sell them (or at least the good ones) on the beach in my local town and send the money 9and some of the books) to schools projects in Africa. Its an ideal project for me, a bookworm, to be involved in. But there will be other more socially geared volunteering opps too, I help an elderly neighbour with her garden and she helps me with my French translations - but that one just grew out of being neighbours…

Hi everyone, how are you all?

Hi
We’re moving to the Bordeaux area next summer and I’m looking for any tips I can get! Other half working in Libourne so where best to look for housing (renting initially)? Looking at Bordeaux International School for kids (yr 13 and 9) - has anyone got any experience here? Will be visiting in October to look at school and housing so would like an idea of what to look out for before we go. Any help really appreciated. Thanks.

1 Like

I wonder if I could ask for some help from those of you who have bought houses in Brittany, I am looking for a home in that area around the 40000 to 60000 euro price bracket. I see homes advertised for sale with the agents fee’s included but no other purchase costs. Would I be liable for paying any local or national taxes and stamp duty on my new home. What if any are the hidden extras that could bite me on the bottom once I have bought my new home. Many thanks in advance Dewi

Purchase fees (notary, stamp duty, registration etc) will be around 8-10% of net purchase cost (i.e excl agent fees). You’ll need to add that to any agent fees.

Thank you Simon

Hi all,

Well now it’s interesting as apart from the comments and posts which are in english everything else on the page is now in greek ( yes you read it correctly GREEK) At least when it was in french I stood a reasonable chance of understanding most words, but now there’s no chance.

Jan Wallace

Message du 12/05/17 20:33
Copie à :

Chris Kite

May 12

Change it but then refresh the page. It should work after that…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

AngloFranco Jan Wallace

May 12

Finally found it, changed it and everything is still in french :frowning:

Click on your avatar, then the cogged gear and finally interface. Change the language to English and save your changes. Refresh the page. It works for me…

@james…can you help? I’m sure I’ve offered the correct way to do this, but if it’s now in Greek it may be more difficult than it seems. E.g. I’m not familiar with Greek for interface!

Have you fixed this yet or do you need help still? Apologies for delay, I’m on holiday.

Hi,
Just wondering how to PM someone.
Great site!
Thanks

click on their name… and a business card style opens up… showing a resumé of that person and giving you the chance to click Message…

That’s how I do it, anyway…

Best of luck///:wink:

2 Likes